Your Top Non-Football Sports Moment (Link video if possible)

maqroll

I struggle to think of any sport that has much impact beyond just being entertaining in the moment.

Twenty 20 is fun at the time, I’ve been at some Ashes matches, I’ve even done the corporate rugby match thing. But there’s nothing quite like the thrill of being 1 of 9 away supporters at Caersws on a Tuesday evening in February.

A childhood one for me, Kildare winning their first Leinster championship in 42 years. 

I was only 9 at the time but had barely missed any games in the the preceding couple of seasons including the epic trilogy of games against that great Meath team in 1997 where we couldn't put them away no matter what. Then the outpouring of relief and joy when Brian Murphy scored the winning goal going into stoppage time was something I've never experienced since.

Unfortunately them days in the GAA are long gone.

Bob Willis, Edgbaston, 1981 I think absolutely destroyed the Aussies. If you look carefully, you can see a very young man jumping up and down, wearing a WHO tour shirt. My god, my flowing locks looked amazing back then. If only......... 

• Like 1

Â