Films to be buried with

Designer1

Shamelessly stolen from the excellent Brett Goldstein Podcast. Basically list the movies that have played some part in your life and possibly shaped the person that you are today.*

*Please only pick one per category and no 'honourable mentions' ta 🙂

Here are mine to kick off with:

First movie you remember seeing? - Bambi

Scariest film? - The Exorcist

Funniest film? - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Movie that made you cry the most? - A Ghost Story (the ending absolutely wrecks me every time)

Film you loved as a kid and think is shit now? - Moonraker

Film people don't rate but you love? - Wishmaster

Film people love but you don't rate? - The Matrix

Worst film? - Little Man (an absolute piece of crap and the crowning turd in the Wayan Brothers sea of talentless excrement)

Film that means something special to you? - The Crow (first movie myself and the good lady wife saw at the cinema)

Film you relate to the most? - The Breakfast Club

Sexiest film? - Bound

Strange stiffies weird wide ons (like things your found sexy in a film like the midget from total recall or lady from lady and the tramp)? - Galadriel in the 1978 animated Lord of the Rings movie 😍

Best case of cinematography (not your favourite more like Lawrence of Arabia where it's a masterpiece but it's not a film you'd watch loads)? - The Tree of Life (doubt I'd watch it again but it is stunning to look at)

Favourite film? - 12 Angry Men

What one film would you take to heaven with you (doesn't have to be any from the list)? - Blade Runner

• Like 3

First movie you remember seeing? - Bambi - probably the same for me , my dad took me to see Jaws in the cinema when i was 6 , so I'll go with that one, so we don't copy each other

Scariest film? - Don't really get scared by horror films  as such  , but maybe The Omen

Funniest film? -  i laugh at films that aren't meant to be funny so this is a tough one .. there are definitely far funnier overall films  so although it's  not the funniest , for pure genuine snort your Pepsi out your nose moments , then Borat

Movie that made you cry the most? -  About 1 hours 20 mins into The Crying Game

Film you loved as a kid and think is shit now? - Any Carry on film

Film people don't rate but you love? - Euro Trip

Film people love but you don't rate? - No Country for old men

Worst film? - Crank - utter garbage

Film that means something special to you? - Harvey  - I still blame any fuckups or mess  I make on Harvey ..plus we named our son after the invisible rabbit ( it was babies pet name when MrsH was pregnant, and then we couldn't bring ourselves to change it when he was born , thankfully a boy and not  a girl !! )

Film you relate to the most? - probably The Hangover as its as close to a lot of the lads trips I've done in terms of stupidity and laughter

Sexiest film? - Beach Volleyball Detectives

Strange stiffies weird wide ons (like things your found sexy in a film like the midget from total recall or lady from lady and the tramp)? - Top Gun  B)🏳️‍🌈:blush::)

Best case of cinematography (not your favourite more like Lawrence of Arabia where it's a masterpiece but it's not a film you'd watch loads)? - dunno maybe Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon

Favourite film? - Harvey  , as per above  special mention to American History X as a runner up *

What one film would you take to heaven with you (doesn't have to be any from the list)? - Matter of life and Death  , might help persuade the big guy  to let me go

* sorry , just noticed the no special mention rule

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

I’ve tried to do this on instinct and probably missed a lot of films for consideration... anyhoo, this will have to suffice

First movie you remember seeing? - The Rescuers (swiftly followed by A New Hope but Rescuers was first!) 

Scariest film? - The Shining

Funniest film? - Monty Python’s Life Of Brian

Movie that made you cry the most? - The Orphanage (El Orfanato) - beautiful but so sad

Film you loved as a kid and think is shit now? - Flight Of The Navigator and/or DARYL

Film people don't rate but you love? - Hudson Hawke

Film people love but you don't rate? - The Full Monty (Chuck in any Richard Curtis movie too!)

Worst film? - La La Land

Film that means something special to you? - Arthur Christmas - it’s our family Christmas film 

Film you relate to the most? - Hot Fuzz (released as I transferred from West Midlands to Devon - so much of it is so true!)

Sexiest film? - The Secretary 

Strange stiffies weird wide ons (like things your found sexy in a film like the midget from total recall or lady from lady and the tramp)? -  Fairuza Balk in The Craft 

Best case of cinematography (not your favourite more like Lawrence of Arabia where it's a masterpiece but it's not a film you'd watch loads)? - Avatar on IMAX was visually stunning with the amount of detail in every shot - shame the film is utter bobbins 

Favourite film? - Carlitos Way

What one film would you take to heaven with you (doesn't have to be any from the list)? - The Godfather

(great thread btw D1!)

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 2

First movie you remember seeing? - Lady and the Tramp

Scariest film? - The Ring. Most scared ive ever been at the cinema

Funniest film? - In terms of movie that made me laugh the most at the time, Jackass

Movie that made you cry the most? - Green Mile 

Film you loved as a kid and think is shit now? - one of the old Adam West Batman movies 

Film people don't rate but you love? - Pain and Gain

Film people love but you don't rate? - The Godfather

Worst film? - Spiderman 3

Film that means something special to you? - True Romance. First film I watched with my girlfriend

Film you relate to the most? - Moneyball. The analysts come out on top. Kinda 😬

Sexiest film? -  Wolf of Wall Street, just for Margot Robbie in that role

Strange stiffies weird wide ons (like things your found sexy in a film like the midget from total recall or lady from lady and the tramp)? -  The female rabbit in Space Jam

Best case of cinematography (not your favourite more like Lawrence of Arabia where it's a masterpiece but it's not a film you'd watch loads)? - Probably the prequel Star Wars movies. They’re shite. But at the time the visuals blew me away.  

Favourite film? - Fifth Element

What one film would you take to heaven with you (doesn't have to be any from the list)? - Step Brothers. I took this as the film I could watch for eternity. I don’t think I’d ever get bored of that movie. 

• Like 1

First movie you remember seeing? - Fantasia

Scariest film? - Event Horizon

Funniest film? - Dumb and Dumber

Movie that made you cry the most? -  Green Mile

Film you loved as a kid and think is shit now? - The Mask

Film people don't rate but you love? - Ace Ventura 1 or 2

Film people love but you don't rate? - New Bade Runner Film

Worst film? - Jack and Jill

Film that means something special to you? - Muppets Christmas Carol

Film you relate to the most? - Harold and Kumar get the munchies

Sexiest film? - Not sure

Strange stiffies weird wide ons (like things your found sexy in a film like the midget from total recall or lady from lady and the tramp)? - Not sure

Best case of cinematography (not your favourite more like Lawrence of Arabia where it's a masterpiece but it's not a film you'd watch loads)? - Not sure

Favourite film? - Donnie Darko

What one film would you take to heaven with you (doesn't have to be any from the list)? - Not sure

Edited by AVFCDAN

First movie you remember seeing? - Snow White

Scariest film? - V/H/S (I watch a lot of movies at night on my laptop. The only movie I ever recall having to take my earphones out/turn the light on)

Funniest film? - Step Brothers

Movie that made you cry the most? - Lion King 

Film you loved as a kid and think is shit now? - Power Rangers

Film people don't rate but you love? - Pain & Gain

Film people love but you don't rate? - Drive

Worst film? - Goal! (Sports movies in general are bad, this is spectacularly awful)

Film that means something special to you? - X-Men (growing up I was obsessed with them, never been so excited for a movie)

Film you relate to the most? - The Breakfast Club

Sexiest film? - Baywatch (2017) (the women in that movie were just outrageous)

Strange stiffies weird wide ons (like things your found sexy in a film like the midget from total recall or lady from lady and the tramp)? - Nothing springs to mind.

Best case of cinematography (not your favourite more like Lawrence of Arabia where it's a masterpiece but it's not a film you'd watch loads)? - Gravity

Favourite film? - The Prestige

What one film would you take to heaven with you (doesn't have to be any from the list)? - Inglorious Basterds (Probably watched it 50 times, and always look forward to watching again)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

First movie you remember seeing? - Fantasia

Scariest film? - Event Horizon

Funniest film? - Dumb and Dumber

Movie that made you cry the most? -  Green Mile

Film you loved as a kid and think is shit now? - The Mask

Film people don't rate but you love? - Ace Ventura 1 or 2

Film people love but you don't rate? - New Bade Runner Film

Worst film? - Jack and Jill

Film that means something special to you? - Muppets Christmas Carol

Film you relate to the most? - Harold and Kumar get the munchies

Sexiest film? - Not sure

Strange stiffies weird wide ons (like things your found sexy in a film like the midget from total recall or lady from lady and the tramp)? - Not sure

Best case of cinematography (not your favourite more like Lawrence of Arabia where it's a masterpiece but it's not a film you'd watch loads)? - Not sure

Favourite film? - Donnie Darko

What one film would you take to heaven with you (doesn't have to be any from the list)? - Not sure

"Not Sure" sounds **** wild

• Haha 1

First movie you remember seeing? - E.T.

Scariest film? -  Child's Play

Funniest film? - Midnight Run

Movie that made you cry the most? - The Green Mile

Film you loved as a kid and think is shit now? -  Gremlins 2

Film people don't rate but you love? - Napoleon Dynamite

Film people love but you don't rate? - Dirty Dancing

Worst film? - Battlefield Earth

Film that means something special to you? - Ghostbusters

Film you relate to the most? - Lost In Translation

Sexiest film? - Cling

Strange stiffies weird wide ons (like things your found sexy in a film like the midget from total recall or lady from lady and the tramp)? - The twin suns of Tatooine

Best case of cinematography (not your favourite more like Lawrence of Arabia where it's a masterpiece but it's not a film you'd watch loads)? - Sicario

Favourite film? -  Stand By Me

What one film would you take to heaven with you (doesn't have to be any from the list)? 🧐

• Like 1

First movie you remember seeing? - Dumbo 

Scariest film? - The Snow Queen (cartoon, when I was about seven)

Funniest film? - Withnail and I 

Movie that made you cry the most? - Old Yeller 

Film you loved as a kid and think is shit now? - Summer Holiday 

Film people don't rate but you love? -  Cloud Atlas 

Film people love but you don't rate? - Inglorious Basterds 

Worst film? - Dune (the Cronenberg one) 

Film that means something special to you? - Casablanca 

Film you relate to the most? - The History Boys 

Sexiest film? - Desert Hearts 

Strange stiffies weird wide ons (like things your found sexy in a film like the midget from total recall or lady from lady and the tramp)? - Betty Rubble 

Best case of cinematography (not your favourite more like Lawrence of Arabia where it's a masterpiece but it's not a film you'd watch loads)? - Heaven's Gate 

Favourite film? - High Noon 

What one film would you take to heaven with you (doesn't have to be any from the list)? - Koyaanisqatsi

• Like 2

First movie you remember seeing? - Rasmus på luffen (Swedish Astrid Lindgren movie adaptation)

Scariest film? - The Descent (the claustrophobia is real)

Funniest film? - Hot Shots

Movie that made you cry the most? - The Settlers

Film you loved as a kid and think is shit now? - Top Gun

Film people don't rate but you love? - Darkness

Film people love but you don't rate? - Captain America - The First Avenger

Worst film? - Wrong Turn 2

Film that means something special to you? - Star Wars - A New Hope

Film you relate to the most? - Falling Down

Sexiest film? - Barbarella

Strange stiffies weird wide ons (like things your found sexy in a film like the midget from total recall or lady from lady and the tramp)? -

Best case of cinematography (not your favourite more like Lawrence of Arabia where it's a masterpiece but it's not a film you'd watch loads)? - Annihilation (hard one, honestly not sure)

Favourite film? - Blade Runner

What one film would you take to heaven with you (doesn't have to be any from the list)? - The Holy Mountain

• Like 2

First movie you remember seeing - 

Lassie

Scariest film? -

Friday the 13th part 2 (obviously this has to be taken from when first watched)

Funniest film? -

Theres something about mary

Movie that made you cry the most? -

The curious case of Benjamin button (dad died just before, so not sure it counts)

Film you loved as a kid and think is shit now? 

Cruel intententions (I was a teenager but it's the best I can think of)

Film people don't rate but you love? -

mystery men

Film people love but you don't rate? - 

The godfather 

Worst film? 

A serious man

Film that means something special to you? 

Gangs of New York ( a mate and I watched it whilst on a great 2 week holiday)

Film you relate to the most? - boyhood

Sexiest film? 

Sin city

Strange stiffies weird wide ons (like things your found sexy in a film like the midget from total recall or lady from lady and the tramp)? 

Gamorah

Best case of cinematography (not your favourite more like Lawrence of Arabia where it's a masterpiece but it's not a film you'd watch loads)?

Lord of the rings 

Favourite film? -

shawshank 

What one film would you take to heaven with you (doesn't have to be any from the list)? 

Princess bride

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 1

First movie you remember seeing? - The Three Fantastic Supermen

Scariest film? - The Shining

Funniest film? -  Office Space

Movie that made you cry the most? - Cinema Paradiso

Film you loved as a kid and think is shit now? - Meatballs

Film people don't rate but you love? - Sirens

Film people love but you don't rate? - Insert Superhero Movie Here

Worst film? Soul Plane

Film that means something special to you? The Road Warrior (First movie my dad took me to just the two of us)

Film you relate to the most? - Trainspotting even though I'm not from Britain and I've never used heroin.

Sexiest film? - Sirens

Best case of cinematography Heat

Favourite film? Miller's Crossing

•  
  • Like 2

First movie you remember seeing? - The Black Cauldron

Scariest film? - IT (the Tim Curry one)

Funniest film? - Me, Myself & Irene

Movie that made you cry the most? - Lion King 

Film you loved as a kid and think is shit now? -  Bambi

Film people don't rate but you love? -  Starchaser - The Legend of Orin

Film people love but you don't rate? - Close Encounters of the Third Kind

Worst film? -  Waterworld

Film that means something special to you? - Big Trouble In Little China 

Film you relate to the most? -  American Pie

Sexiest film? - Clitty Shitty Gang Bang

Strange stiffies weird wide ons (like things your found sexy in a film like the midget from total recall or lady from lady and the tramp)? - Neytiri (Avatar) 

Best case of cinematography (not your favourite more like Lawrence of Arabia where it's a masterpiece but it's not a film you'd watch loads)? - Saving Private Ryan 

Favourite film? - L.A. Confidential 

What one film would you take to heaven with you (doesn't have to be any from the list)? - Die Hard

• Like 2

First movie you remember seeing? -  The Vikings (1958)

Scariest film? -  Martyrs (2008)

Funniest film? -  Bullshot (1983)

Movie that made you cry the most? -  The Elephant Man (1980)

Film you loved as a kid and think is shit now? -   Mysterious Island (1961)

Film people don't rate but you love? -  The wild geese (1978)

Film people love but you don't rate? -  Hunger Games movies

Worst film? -  The snowman (2017) couldn't have any more going for it and was diabolical 

Film that means something special to you? -  Singin' in the rain (1952) only film I've got my autistic son to watch all the way through and he loved it

Film you relate to the most? -   Rounders (1998)

Sexiest film? -  Mulholland Drive (2001)

Strange stiffies weird wide ons (like things your found sexy in a film like the midget from total recall or lady from lady and the tramp)? -  Monica Bellucci bad bit🤷‍♂️ in irreversible (2002)

Best case of cinematography (not your favourite more like Lawrence of Arabia where it's a masterpiece but it's not a film you'd watch loads)? -  Mutiny on the bounty (1962)

Favourite film? -  Night and the City (1950)

What one film would you take to heaven with you (doesn't have to be any from the list)? -  Young Frankenstein (1974)

• Like 1

On 20/03/2020 at 11:44, Designer1 said:

First movie you remember seeing? - Bambi

Scariest film? - Threads

Funniest film? - Aliens

Movie that made you cry the most? - Bambi

Film you loved as a kid and think is shit now? - Rambo

Film people don't rate but you love? - Dougal and the Blue Cat

Film people love but you don't rate? - Heat

Worst film? - Hercules In New York

Film that means something special to you? - Akira

Film you relate to the most? -  Baraka

Sexiest film? - The Uranus Project

Strange stiffies weird wide ons (like things your found sexy in a film like the midget from total recall or lady from lady and the tramp)?  Mitsuko Souma post slaughter.

Best case of cinematography (not your favourite more like Lawrence of Arabia where it's a masterpiece but it's not a film you'd watch loads)? - City Of Lost Children

Favourite film? - Not sure I have one? Will say Spirited Away as it's a film for just about anyone, even if they don't know it?

What one film would you take to heaven with you (doesn't have to be any from the list)? - Not expecting any decent sort of heaven to have screens :) 

• Like 1

Â