Kaine Kesler Hayden

Villan4Life

3 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Been with us from the age of 6 . I think we can safely say he is a villa fan ! 

My son played alongside him for a couple of seasons, his dad was a glory hunter so it’s no guarantee he’s Villa.

4 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Liverpool feel capable of bringing their players into the first team without much or any time out on loan. We've JJ in regular first team action after 6 months out on Loan. I think a full year for KKH is plenty and he should be tested in pre season and a decision made then. We have no RB cover for Cash either. I imagine we would cash in on Guilbert, he won't want to play back up and we won't want to miss out on turning a profit on a player excelling in France. I suppose we will extend Young for another year as he's so versatile and is a leader and winner. Also if we sign Hickey he is both footed and can lay either LB/RB. 

I just feel with the EFL cup and Pap Johns Trophy and no clear RB cover for Cash KKH would be best served being at Villa next season, at least for the first half of season.

I think Young is being groomed for a coaching role, they say he is such a good influence around BMH.....and still a player to look up to.

I don't think there is a right and wrong way, in terms of Loan or stay with the team.....both have benefits, its down to what suits all concerned.

3 hours ago, CVByrne said:

You could also say, is it more beneficial for him to be training with elite Prem players week in week out and elite coaches at Villa. He'll get games in EFL Cup and the U23s play in the Papa Johns tropy so there are games in the first half of a season. Also the workload the full backs are expected to do means they are the most likely to burn out. So Cash will need to be rested for some games. Also I think KKH has impact value with his pace to come on for Cash as an attacking sub. We have no full backs to bring on atm so we can't make that kind of change.

I'm not saying I get easily digressed....but you mentioning "Papa Johns" made me feel hungry...😀

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I think Young is being groomed for a coaching role, they say he is such a good influence around BMH.....and still a player to look up to.

I think there is a right and wrong way, in terms of Loan or stay with the team.....both have benefits, its down to what suits all concerned.

I agree with that, though I’m sure I read/ heard (though I may have dreamed it)  SG say something along the lines of ‘ if players are doing well and enjoying their football I’ll leave them there’ 

This is nothing more than guesswork on my part, but unless SG genuinely thinks he will challenge Cash I think he’ll want to loan him again to a higher level. 

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

I agree with that, though I’m sure I read/ heard (though I may have dreamed it)  SG say something along the lines of ‘ if players are doing well and enjoying their football I’ll leave them there’ 

This is nothing more than guesswork on my part, but unless SG genuinely thinks he will challenge Cash I think he’ll want to loan him again to a higher level. 

but I didn't write that....mine had "Don't" between "I and think"....which makes the point, different.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

but I didn't write that....mine had "Don't" between "I and think"....which makes the point, different.

I know, I was agreeing with you that there is no right or wrong way, not sure what happened when I quoted you must have have a mare trying to make the text bold. 

He looks so comfortable on the ball, exactly the type of player Gerrard would love, that bit of skill to put Jesus on his butt was lovely.

I like Cash but he isnt as silky on the ball (although he has different strengths), honestly tho, when you see how limited both Targett and Cash are on the ball, it makes you realise what a difference two full backs would make who are really good on the ball, would make to our system.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, av1 said:

I know, I was agreeing with you that there is no right or wrong way, not sure what happened when I quoted you must have have a mare trying to make the text bold. 

ok..no worries.

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

He looks so comfortable on the ball, exactly the type of player Gerrard would love, that bit of skill to put Jesus on his butt was lovely.

I like Cash but he isnt as silky on the ball (although he has different strengths), honestly tho, when you see how limited both Targett and Cash are on the ball, it makes you realise what a difference two full backs would make who are really good on the ball, would make to our system.

too true.

5 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Is he a Villa fan as well, I know he’s a local lad but just wondered

Nah he's a Chelsea fan unfortunately. His friend said on one of his IG stories last year 

59 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

To be honest I would have wanted more bass in that soundtrack. 

Otherwise, top vid. You can see why we gave him a 5 year contract at 18. 

Edited by Steero113
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TRO said:

I don't think there is a right and wrong way, in terms of Loan or stay with the team.....both have benefits, its down to what suits all concerned.

Agree, and now PL clubs are building training grounds that cost more than the stadiums most championship clubs play in. The sport science and coaching available at Bodymoor Heath will be some of the best in the world. Given the above going out on loan should be part of the development process but not THE development process. 

Also, just a weird fact but Villa don't seem to send their youth out on loan often. Nothing like Harry Kane's development. Ramsey, Grealish, Albrighton, and Clark all went out on loan for less than a full season. I feel like at Villa if you are doing multiple loans then it probably means you aren't good enough. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Agree, and now PL clubs are building training grounds that cost more than the stadiums most championship clubs play in. The sport science and coaching available at Bodymoor Heath will be some of the best in the world. Given the above going out on loan should be part of the development process but not THE development process. 

Also, just a weird fact but Villa don't seem to send their youth out on loan often. Nothing like Harry Kane's development. Ramsey, Grealish, Albrighton, and Clark all went out on loan for less than a full season. I feel like at Villa if you are doing multiple loans then it probably means you aren't good enough. 

In the next few years will have a overflow of academy talent where we have no choice but to keep sending them out on loan.  Also the threshold to play with the Villa first team will hopefully be much higher.   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

In the next few years will have a overflow of academy talent where we have no choice but to keep sending them out on loan.  Also the threshold to play with the Villa first team will hopefully be much higher.   

It would be nice to get to a level where we have so much talent coming through that we are able to loan some of the ones who aren't quite good enough to Championship clubs and end up flipping them in the £5-10m each range. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Against Man City like. He is ready, he's got another half a season of Loan left. Then he has a full pre season with the first team and Gerrard/Beale etc.. 

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Against Man City like. He is ready, he's got another half a season of Loan left. Then he has a full pre season with the first team and Gerrard/Beale etc.. 

Exactly, he was up against a near full strength City attack last night (basically missing Mahrez and Ederson and he looked totally accomplished and confident. 

When is he playing against better opposition in the PL than that?

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â