Match Thread: Southampton v Villa

limpid

15 minutes ago, KHV said:

I’d put Terry in charge for the rest of this season

Cant be any worse than Smith

He may even have a different idea

To be honest I'm not sure what Terry even does, he was sposed to steady things, yet we leak goals like crazy and have an ineffective midfield.

• Like 3

We are just not good enough as a team to be in the PL. Gotta face facts, relegation is very likely. We don’t improve, we make same errors, we make numerous individual errors. 

Gutted to say it but I cannot see us staying up at all. 

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Jack deserves better.

The board, coaching staff and players have failed to live up to his standards.

Looking forward to seeing him in the Euros and playing in Europe next season.

I think the board have done as much as they can do. Suso has made a few questionable choices in his signings though.

The blame lies with the coaching staff. You can't defend like we do and expect to survive.

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Jack deserves better.

The board, coaching staff and players have failed to live up to his standards.

Looking forward to seeing him in the Euros and playing in Europe next season.

And you asked someone else whether they're a Villa fan for being gutted we'll lose him 🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I really don't get about goals conceeded. I'd rather concede a lot and score a lot than vice versa. I've wanted that football in this club for a long time. What's key for me is the goal of the season which is survival, and we knew it would be a battle. Which it's proven to be. 

I'm not happy with this, but we knew this summer this is what we had ahead of us. Anyone believing we'd walk survival just aren't awake. 

your comments amaze me.....wouldn't we all like to score more, but its fantasy football. ....you talk about your goal being survival, but its contradictory, we all want that, but we haven't got the players to eclipse 52 goals against, even Liverpool would be hard pressed to overcome conceding 2 goals a game......and it drains the confidence of the team.

"You have to win the RIGHT to play football.

I find you view on this head wobbling......Every pundit on sky, says the same, do you think tey are wrong too......if you can't see we are too open as a team, I am not sure what else to say.

Candy floss football, won't win games at this level.

Edited by TRO

1 minute ago, eholm said:

We are just not good enough as a team to be in the PL. Gotta face facts, relegation is very likely. We don’t improve, we make same errors, we make numerous individual errors. 

Gutted to say it but I cannot see us staying up at all. 

It’s how badly we play that’s the worst bit

Norwich are bottom but are much better to watch

They lack quality but at least they seem to know what they are doing

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

your comments amaze me.....wouldn't we all like to score more, but its fantasy football. ....you talk about your goal being survival, but its contradictory, we all want that, but we haven't got the players to eclipse 52 goals against, even Liverpool would be hard pressed to overcome conceding 2 goals a game.

I find you view on this head wobbling......Every pundit on sky, says the same, do you think tey are wrong too......if you can't see we are too open as a team, I am not sure what else to say.

Candy floss football, won't win games at this level.

I am just saying I don't care if we concede a lot if we stay up.

• Haha 1