Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

It seems people forget that we signed Kamara from Marseille on a free ourselves. A 22 year old French international. 

There's no need for the vitriol here. If he gets what he wants he'll stay. If he thinks he can get a better offer in terms of game time and money elsewhere then he'll leave. 

It's up to the club to decide how much they want to keep him. 

• Like 4

Carney and his agent : said nothing ever

some bitter Villa fans about a kid probably 20 years younger than them:

arrogant and thinks he is better than us

disrespecting the club

let him rot in the reserves

make him train with the under 8s

overrated

wasnt good enough anyway

enjoy Barca B

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Villastine said:

It's up to the club to decide how much they want to keep him. 

Well it seems the club has decided with the decision to leave him behind when they went to Australia.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, penguin said:

I'm not so sure (although I have said previously I believe regular football in the Championship on loan for a season would be my preference for him) The lad is only 18 years old.

As you've said yourself some of the minutes were to the detriment to the team, primary objective being his developmental benefit, he just isn't ready for regular top-flight football yet and it's going to be a case of sporadic minutes and appearances for a while or alternatively a drop down to the Championship on loan to play week in week out to get him there.

Minutes of all players currently under 19, in the Premier League last season:

Screenshot-2022-07-21-at-19-12-07.png

Minutes of all players currently under 20, in the Premier League last season:

Screenshot-2022-07-21-at-19-13-32.png

Even looking at players under 22 only 15 players had more minutes than Carney. I think realistically he could not have asked for much more.

If this is all genuinely only about top-flight minutes then he better be prepared for a move to Forest/Fulham/Bournemouth etc in an attempt to accomplish that, but it all seems much more likely he'll end up at a Champions League club getting much less minutes than he would have been here. 

Excellent post thank you. If Chuk wants to play in order to improve than he seems to be in the best place now. If he really wants big money (£100,000 per week ?) then he will move out.

35 minutes ago, Zatman said:

SO you were happy that a guy signed a contract with a clause that would break it but not a player that will actually see his contract through and honour the agreement

Strange fanbase on here at times considering a lot love Kamara who did the same thing

I wasnt happy he left BUT grealish gave us many years service and a nice 100m fee. Jack commited from a young age and went on to be a superstar. 

Chuck on the other hand has started what 2 games, achieved nothing with us and willing to run his contract down despite gerrard giving him plenty of minutes last year.

If he wants to leave on a free, let him.  If he wants insane money, sell him. If he wants to see where the next 12 months take him, whatever. 

For every 18 year old we sign from lower league clubs, there will be the odd 18 year old we lose to the European elite.

We'll win more than we lose, and we'll shoot ourselves in the foot if we cynically limit his development and freedom and alienate future youth prospects. We need to play tough but fair. It's a balancing act to not look like pushovers, but also not seem like we don't care about youth prospects.

I reckon the club will get it right and if he goes I couldn't care less how his career pans out. 

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Carney and his agent : said nothing ever

some bitter Villa fans about a kid probably 20 years younger than them:

arrogant and thinks he is better than us

disrespecting the club

let him rot in the reserves

make him train with the under 8s

overrated

wasnt good enough anyway

enjoy Barca B

Gerrards said it. Thats good enough for me

• Like 1

One for the Game's gone-thread but I think most of the problem here is the long-term we offered him. He and his advisors see him at a CL-club in the near future and want to make sure of that after this contract. And make some money too of course. I don't say he will play with that CL-club next season but he wants to belong to one.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Gerrards said it. Thats good enough for me

the man who promised wholesale changes last season and then played the same team next game

Trustworthy source

7 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

One for the Game's gone-thread but I think most of the problem here is the long-term we offered him. He and his advisors see him at a CL-club in the near future and want to make sure of that after this contract. And make some money too of course. I don't say he will play with that CL-club next season but he wants to belong to one.

Give him a short term contract...can't see anything going wrong there!

The key point here is that it’s totally fine for Carney to want something and feel he can get it elsewhere which will be more beneficial to his career (whether that is money, guaranteed game time, or whatever it is that means he isn’t signing the contract offer) and it’s totally understandable for us to make an ultimatum based on what’s based for the club. There doesn’t have to be a villain in the situation, sometimes things just are what they are. Disagreeing with his/his teams assessment doesn’t mean someone has to be the bad guy.

To be honest it sounds more like a lack of communication is the problem, rather than any specific demands.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Zatman said:

the man who promised wholesale changes last season and then played the same team next game

Trustworthy source

Wholesale changes with the likes of who? Squad was not big enough to implement this. I think he would have had he had the squad and players

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Wholesale changes with the likes of who? Squad was not big enough to implement this. I think he would have had he had the squad and players

thats not the point. Manager has lied in the media before to the fans so hard believe him

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

I know Dougie is an established name but why are we more chill about him running down a contract?

Probably because he’s actually played for us and we’ve had value out of him. I’m not a massive fan of Dougie but I can sort of see why he might fancy moving abroad, the slower pace will suit his style of play better. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I know Dougie is an established name but why are we more chill about him running down a contract?

I suspect it’s communication, we’ve had open chats about expectations with Doug and his team, yet we’ve heard nothing from Carney.

• Thanks 1

Â