Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Seriously ?

You think Carney being sold is a good move ?

That's really not the issue here.

And you know full well it's not.

Edited by Tom13

16 minutes ago, hippo said:

Or exclude him from the first team ....and see what he thinks then 👍👍👍👍🤣🤣🤣

Or just not care what he thinks at all, as the matter/decision has already been done and dusted by all parties?

Maybe we should hire Pochettino for a week, and if he doesn't start him over Coutinho, Luiz, McGinn, Sanson, Traore, Kamara, Buendia, Bailey, and   get him to lower his demands and sign a new contract, sack him?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

I hope we put in a sell on percentage if and when we do sell him. 

PS as much as I am defending Carney a bit, this is nothing to do with Gerrard and co. This situation is just his camp trying to get more money from us (from what we’ve heard) and us not wanting to bend over backwards for an academy player. Gerrard is not at fault even though some people have hinted towards it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Seriously ?

If the player wants to leave, then yes.

He has been making noises about leaving since Smith was in charge. Gerrard gave him some game time last season, about as much as you’d expect for an 18 yr old prospect to get imo. He isn’t good enough to be a 1st team starter yet and if he thinks he can get it elsewhere, so be it. I’m not sure what more than club can do tbh.

Just now, Rustibrooks said:

I hope we put in a sell on percentage if and when we do sell him. 

PS as much as I am defending Carney a bit, this is nothing to do with Gerrard and co. This situation is just his camp trying to get more money from us (from what we’ve heard) and us not wanting to bend over backwards for an academy player. Gerrard is not at fault even though some people have hinted towards it.

Absolutely ! 

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

Seriously ?

Do you think developing him further and pushing someone else out only for him to leave for a nominal fee in 12months is good business? 

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Go on then I'm intrigued what is the issue

A really good player with lots of potential is asking for too much and not signing a contract. What do you think is the issue?

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Do you think developing him further and pushing someone else out only for him to leave for a nominal fee in 12months is good business? 

Exactly. If he was getting more development but still obvious he was going, the club would get slated for that. 

29 minutes ago, hippo said:

Bad move if true.

We should be developing talent - not selling them at 18 years old.

He won't sign a contract. What are you missing here? He's had the offer since, when was it, October last year?

You think we should bend over to whatever he wants, however exorbitant it may be?

3 minutes ago, jim said:

Exactly. If he was getting more development but still obvious he was going, the club would get slated for that. 

If his contract was due to expire sure. But from memory it has over 12 months to run ?

Â