Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

10 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Punish an 18 year old kid for not making a decision on a contract he still has a year to sign, that's going to make him want to sign it even more. Nice one Stevie.

Treat him as special, include him in the plans at the expense of someone else and risk alienating the rest of the squad.

Its a rock and a hard place but I’m happy with us playing hardball on this one.

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

i think the talks are at a stalemate.

"i want 60k a week for my client"..."he doesn't deserve that yet, the most we'll go to is 40k"..."we aren't signing"..."well he's not coming to Aus then"

that's probably the gist of how the last 10 months have gone. if there was even a 10% chance of him staying, i reckon he'd have been on the plane

I think this might be the issue. Resolve the players future before he rejoins the rest of the squad. It could be a compromise like a 2 year extension taking him to 2025. It could be an increased wage offer. Whatever it is the decision on his future should be resolved in the next week. 

If he doesn't sign an extension he needs to find another club or take the year off football and sign on with a new club next summer.

This stuff about him being represented by his church is just complete guesswork, I don't think there's any actual evidence for it. A lot of our younger players, reference 'god' a lot in their social media posts, seems a lot of them are very religious.

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

People say he was given minutes but it all only adds up to over 3 and a bit games last season and the 3rd lowest in the squad and still picked up an assist

Premier League 2(10) 295 - 1          

He was 17 at the start of last season. For his age he has had a lot of Prem game time relative to others

55 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

This isnt a criticism, or at least not meant to be harsh, but I would suggest Purslow refrains from lionising our best youth players in future. These clearing in the woods agents just hear that and start seeing extra zeros.

I think it's a valid criticism to make.

He can't resist showing off can he. Built into people like that.

He certainly shouldn't be condemned for not accepting if a contract offer if he's not happy here/would rather be somewhere else.

It's also not a huge deal for us if he goes in the next year. 

How many young players labelled the next big superstar actually become that superstar? Far more fade away than actually fulfil their supposed potential.

Edited by dubliner
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

That’s so much worse. 

“our client needs more money, it’s Gods will”

Where do you go from there? 

It’s ironic really isn’t it, Chuk’s always posting crap about God on his Instagram (vanity is one of the seven sins) and now he seemingly wants more money (greed is another of the seven sins).

All in all, not very godly is it?!

Worse than that, wherever he ends up it will be gods plan

"we see your future at Aston Villa" 

"ill wait and see what God has in plan for me"

Not in the context of a transfer but he's posted that on insta before

someone needs to set fire to a bush at BMH 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

People say he was given minutes but it all only adds up to over 3 and a bit games last season and the 3rd lowest in the squad and still picked up an assist

Premier League 2(10) 295 - 1          

Put it in the context of his u19s team mates

He plays a lot more than them, nearly as many top flight league appearances as the rest of the team put together 

The playing time argument will be the proper pissed because its not true 

Whatever people wanted to say about Jack. He gave many of his best years to the club and went to Man City for a British record fee. A fee which was probably higher than his real value.

Carney engineering a move or planning to walk for free having given nothing to Villa but taken a lot is 1000 times worse. 

• Like 1

Just now, duke313 said:

Whatever happens now I'm about done with this saga.  If he signs, great, if not, sell him or let him leave on a free. 

Our academy is the best it's ever been, Both Ramsey's and Tim look like they could have a real impact in our squad over the next few seasons.

Tim's not from our academy, we poached him from West Brom last season.

Just now, duke313 said:

Whatever happens now I'm about done with this saga.  If he signs, great, if not, sell him or let him leave on a free. 

Our academy is the best it's ever been, Both Ramsey's and Tim look like they could have a real impact in our squad over the next few seasons.

Iroegbunam only joined us a year ago :D   But yes, great that we've been investing so much in to youth players.

20 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Punish an 18 year old kid for not making a decision on a contract he still has a year to sign, that's going to make him want to sign it even more. Nice one Stevie.

Disagree. It's not a punishment for an 18 year old on the fringe of the 1st team to not come on a pre-season tour. If we'd left Luiz at home, it would be a punishment.

Whoever is in charge of Carney's negotiations clearly think he's better than he is right now. He isn't a fixture in the team, he is very good for his age. Once we sign a new midfielder, he'll be sixth choice as an 8 - I think that's part of our thinking to be honest.

Maybe it is best if he moves on and realises his potential by playing. If he signs a new deal here, he's still got work to even make appearances off the bench.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

I wish people would stop referring to him as a 'generational talent'

Messi and Ronaldo were generational talents, Chuk is a standout player in a good youth team, who may or may not go onto to be a great player.

You can blame @messi11 for that. He calls everyone a generational talent 😂

Including Peter Enckelman. 

• Haha 1

Â