Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

He’s a great prospect but these days if you’re good enough at 18/19 you’re a regular for your team and even playing for the national team in some cases! He’s miles off that!  Yes he has the potential to be a top player but some fans are making out we might be losing a future Ballon d’Or winner.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 hour ago, useless said:

Would take him signing a new contract over any possible signing we could make. I confidently predict without hesitation  that he will be an England international within the next two years.

I confidently predict he won’t be. He’s not even played for u21s yet!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

Would take him signing a new contract over any possible signing we could make. I confidently predict without hesitation  that he will be an England international within the next two years.

Rice, Bellingham, mount, Maddison, gallagher, ESR, Phillips and potentially JJ. He’ll have to do a lot of improving to get a spot in the England midfield. Especially if southgates still about 

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I confidently predict he won’t be. He’s not even played for u21s yet!

Cocknose has probably already told chuk “ if you want to play u21s you need to move on from Villa “

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Depends what you mean by holding his own. He wasn’t bad but if you ignore his age for a second, he didn’t massively impress either. That’s not a criticism because obviously he is young and has bags of potential but we can’t sacrifice our own results to repeatedly start a kid for his development or to get him to sign a contract.
He should be nothing more than a well used squad player until he proves himself worthy of a start (or injuries provide him with an unexpected opportunity). Five subs and a cup run or two will give him loads of game time this season. 

The thing that puzzles me is......if he wants to go to a top team, its unlikely, he will get first team, game time there......so it it, that he would be willing to wait his chance there, but not with us?

Its clear, I don't really understand his stance.

Is he expecting us to accomodate him, by playing him irrespetive of his performances?.....or just run his contract down and wave goodbye....all seems a bit frosty to me.

Gabby makes some interesting points regarding Chuk's situation:

“The problem with Aston Villa in this situation is that they don’t want to overpay for a player who is not good enough yet,”

“That’s the problem with young players sometimes, their agents are probably asking for an amount they don’t deserve yet."

“Aston Villa are in a tricky situation where they need to give him the money or he will leave."

“It happened with Rushian Hepburn-Murphy, they were in a position where they didn’t want to lose him so had to submit to the wage demands."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pissflaps said:

Only if he signs for a Southgate approved team

Southgate won't be in charge after we bomb out of the World Cup. 

Of course the next manager will continue to only pick Sky 6 clubs players though. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, duke313 said:

“The problem with Aston Villa in this situation is that they don’t want to overpay for a player who is not good enough yet,”

“That’s the problem with young players sometimes, their agents are probably asking for an amount they don’t deserve yet."

“Aston Villa are in a tricky situation where they need to give him the money or he will leave."

“It happened with Rushian Hepburn-Murphy, they were in a position where they didn’t want to lose him so had to submit to the wage demands."

Yeah. I remember the saga of his demands and the angst about him leaving.

Didn't exactly work out for him, though.

25 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Yeah. I remember the saga of his demands and the angst about him leaving.

Didn't exactly work out for him, though.

We have to remind ourselves, that the club have many players to consider....and precedents have to be managed carefully.

We can't just keep caving in to highly rated academy stars, demands, when its still debatable on their end product.

I don't remember, Gabby, Jack, Gary Shaw, Gareth Barry, Brian Little, etc having contract issues at such a tender age.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Disappointing yeh. Major blow? Not for me. 

I am beginning to move to that zone.......we lose players like Kane Taylor , and gain players like Tim Iroegbunam.....its the way it all works.

We just hope we gain more than we lose.

How many have left us and gone on to do nothing, the Moores Bros, were the next best thing, then boom, disappeared.....Delfouneso, remember him.....played 55 games for England Youth and went on to scored 67 goals in his 437 game career to date, (31 now)bit of a mixed bag there.

for me, Youth football, is very fickle and hard to appraise....form is up and down and consistency hard to come by.

for me.....I would be more disappointed to lose Aaron Ramsey.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Saw something last night, saka at Arsenal is on £30k a week, signed a 4 year deal at 18 and has 2 years left on it 

Add that to Phil Foden signing his 5 year £30k a week deal at 18 too

Would you say the clubs or the players have got the better end of those deals? That's something I think needs factoring in, I'm obviously hoping chuk has a similar trajectory and by the time he's 20 he won't be worth £30k a week

Its a difficult position for club and player 

The examples you use are good ones imo....I too was looking at Phil Fodens journey.

something with Chuks situation, doesn't sit right with me....to have contractual issues at such an early time in his career is spooky to me.

Edited by TRO

On 23/06/2022 at 14:28, Delphinho123 said:

I'm pretty sure he'll sign. I heard something earlier in the week and I'm willing to stake my stellar VT reputation on it. 

Bookmark this post. 

Not the same source who told you Grealish was addicted to painkillers i hope?

I would say nothing has happened since months ago or even the contract offer that was made back in October. I think it was lets discuss it in pre season after the Euros. The agent is drumming up interest in him (which is his job) to increase their position. I think money bonuses and proposed game time will be discussed. Also what number of games triggers a new contract etc..

tbf to Carney waiting till this summer makes more sense than signing the deal offered last October. He will get a better deal if he stays than he was offered back then for sure.

• Thanks 1

This thread drives me mad. He is clearly a stand out in his age group, if he continues to develop for the next 1, 2, 3 years then he will be an excellent player.

We don't want to lose him but we can't tell him he's going to play every week either. He needs to be convinced this is the best place for him. People assessing him in terms of playing for the first team are never going to make it in the world of scouting.

4 hours ago, TRO said:

The thing that puzzles me is......if he wants to go to a top team, its unlikely, he will get first team, game time there......so it it, that he would be willing to wait his chance there, but not with us?

Well, he clearly thinks Villa don’t think he’s as good as he is. Pretty simple really. He’s not sat on the bench with us 2-0 up at City thinking “oh I guess I’m not good enough for Villa so I’ll go to Arsenal”, he’s thinking “if clubs like Arsenal want me why am I not getting on the pitch ahead of Marvellous Nakamba?”

We can think he’s wrong, of course, but can’t argue with him backing himself.

If he leaves to step up to a bigger club he’ll get even less game time over the next few years 

if he leaves to step down but play regularly then at least I could understand that 

If he leaves now we’d hardly get millions for him so why not keep him for the last year of his contract , give him some game time and if he becomes a regular starter chances are we’d pay him the money and he would stay ? 

4 hours ago, duke313 said:

Hepburn Murphy now plays in Cyprus.. for example....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TRO said:

Is he expecting us to accomodate him, by playing him irrespetive of his performances?.....or just run his contract down and wave goodbye....all seems a bit frosty to me.

Tro do you know who his agent is? Just done a google and nothing comes up. 

Â