Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

We’ve developed him since he was a child, he’s shown his potential in this match. If we do let Chukwuemeka leave, we might regret it 

We have tried to tie him down to a new contract. All of our other youth that we want to keep have signed. Unfortunately Carney hasnt . Ultimately it is not our decision. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

We’ve developed him since he was a child, he’s shown his potential in this match. If we do let Chukwuemeka leave, we might regret it 

No might about it IMO

If he leaves it won't be to a team below us

Whether or not he goes on to regret that who knows, he does have a great opportunity here 

Iroegbunam never signed a professonal deal with Albion, we signed him after his scholarship with them ended.

Whereas Chukwuemeka signed a three year professonal contract with us after he turned seventeen, which is the earliest you can sign a pro contract in England. I think he's still contracted with us until November 2023, and won't be able to leave until the following January.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The thing with Carney is that he’s been finding it so easy in youth football physically and skill wise that it’s going to take time to adjust to playing experienced prem players as he has to adjust his game. He has done okay in the first team (often out of position) but I think the ideal scenario would be for him to sign a new contract and then go out on loan to a championship for a season to get used to playing mens football and then come back ready next year.
Some people are seeming to want to write him off due to the contract situation but I’m sure if he does stay he’ll become a star.

He’s the biggest cert since Grealish to make it from our youth team and he didn’t start playing regularly until he was 21.

• Like 2

If he signs the contact he's the best youngster in England,
If he dont sign the contract then he's rubbish and not good enough to play for Villa

Edited by messi11
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Not when he leaves on a free it doesn't...

Still think this is about time, its on his side, his weekly wage value will be higher in September than it was in April 

I'm sure 22 year old kamara's wages are being brought up as we try to sign 18 year old chuk to a 5 year deal

Big summer for him at this tournament, a few more big name signings and the average squad wage goes up, everything is on his side bar an injury 

Don't think there is a chance of him leaving on a free. It is either sign a new contract or get sold this summer. He should easily bring in 10M, and we would be stupid not to take that money, if he is not going to sign a new contract.

2 hours ago, Muriel said:

Don't think there is a chance of him leaving on a free. It is either sign a new contract or get sold this summer. He should easily bring in 10M, and we would be stupid not to take that money, if he is not going to sign a new contract.

What's to stop a club(s) telling Carney to let his contract expire by offering him a large signing bonus that is smaller than a transfer fee that Villa would accept, so Villa have no choice but accept a tribunal fee?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AshVilla said:

if he don't sign the contract he should be bombed out and get no more game time.

but thats no way for us to build our reputation to attract other new young players ,is it?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, brommy said:

What's to stop a club(s) telling Carney to let his contract expire by offering him a large signing bonus that is smaller than a transfer fee that Villa would accept, so Villa have no choice but accept a tribunal fee?

feasible.

3 hours ago, Muriel said:

predators will just wait it out.

3 hours ago, brommy said:

Apparently he’s able to sign a pre-contract with another club in Jan 2023 and leave as a free agent the following summer.

I predict we’ll give him a lot of playing time first half of the season (particularly with 5 subs rule) but I wonder what we do with him between the Jan and May if he signs for another club.

Edited by WallisFrizz

He needs a loan. I’m unwavering on that. Look at the likes of Mount, Gallagher, Tammy etc. Chelsea do it right. 

He’s a special talent for his age, without doubt, but he needs at least a year out in the Championship. Bring him back when he’s 20/21 and let him breakthrough then. 

Same for Irroegbunam and Ramsey. 

(Provided he signs a new contract).

Edited by Delphinho123

For his goal last night I stumbled across an Ollie Watkins goals thing on Facebook, chuks assist vs Norwich is very similar to what he did last night, takes a touch on his right foot and lightning quick switches it to his left 

It is a hard one, obviously his agent is in his ear on this, or he has a huge chip on his shoulder and thinks he is Billy big balls ( I think it is the agent thing personally as he comes across a nice lad) 

But what is the point of attracting all this potential talent if the scum 6 are going to cherry pick them off you once you have spent years making them?

Sky and the premier league will make sure that the top 6 will be a closed shop. So eventually who is saying we will even attract this talent? 

I am with the if he does not sign stick him hin the bomb squad. Yes it might send the wrong message but it is frustrating that a special talent, who the club have nurtured for several years, will leave for a couple of million (under 23 so we will get a nominal fee) then become a 50+ mill for a scummy club! 

5 hours ago, brommy said:

The fact that Carney is 18 years old and will lose a very important development year. It is worth quite a lot of money to both Carney and his future club, that he does not spend next year only training at youth team level. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, calcifer said:

It is a hard one, obviously his agent is in his ear on this, or he has a huge chip on his shoulder and thinks he is Billy big balls ( I think it is the agent thing personally as he comes across a nice lad) 

But what is the point of attracting all this potential talent if the scum 6 are going to cherry pick them off you once you have spent years making them?

Sky and the premier league will make sure that the top 6 will be a closed shop. So eventually who is saying we will even attract this talent? 

I am with the if he does not sign stick him hin the bomb squad. Yes it might send the wrong message but it is frustrating that a special talent, who the club have nurtured for several years, will leave for a couple of million (under 23 so we will get a nominal fee) then become a 50+ mill for a scummy club! 

We’ve done the same to clubs below us over the last few years. 

• Like 2

Â