Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

8 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I can’t wait for the next blues fan to mention that we’re obsessed because have a 1,000 page thread on them.

I will happily point out that our thread about their tinpot outfit has been going for 12 years, and that we also have a 380 page thread about a player we thought we were signing in September 2020 :D

We could make 1k of pages on how to make a blues fan rich and theyd still find a way to be pissy with us, it's in there nature 

It could also be content of 1000 pages of Noodle cooking guides from everyone that span 12 years and they would still find a way of turning it into all about then all because the title said Birmingham city.

The point is, it doesnt matter whether were nice or not or what's in there, the moment it gets written and they are mentioned, they will be onto it like a dog on heat.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Any good centre backs or left backs in the leagues below ready to play in the PL?

Guess Chris Mepham could be a target in next two weeks. Played for DS at Brentford alongside Konsa and was linked a few weeks back. Will be playing for Wales on Thursday.

Was injured for spells of last season at Bournmouth.

11 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Oh well... 

on to Benrahma, Buendia, Sarr...

A boy can dream...

spacer.png

Benrahma is still a possibility since the championship is still open. Beundia is also a possibility..

Edited by Dave-R

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Guess Chris Mepham could be a target in next two weeks. Played for DS at Brentford alongside Konsa and was linked a few weeks back. Will be playing for Wales on Thursday.

Was injured for spells of last season at Bournmouth.

I looked up the teams that just went down he was the only one I saw that wasn't tainted just by seeing their names..... but that was because I don't remember seeing him play 🤦‍♂️

Edited by paul514

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

I wouldn't want to pay their price.

And why not if he does the job it doesnt matter, I'll point towards Ollie and the price we paid for him to the job hes done for us at the moment, 33 mill is looking a steal, no??

3 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

No deadline day signing then, sad times.

Hopefully a defender and forward coming in from the championship as watkins, mings or konsa get injured and we are deep in it

Deadline day signing was Nyland on his way out 😉

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I looked up the teams that just went down he was the only one I saw that wasn't tainted just by seeing their names..... but that was because I don't remember seeing him play 🤦‍♂️

He didn’t perform well in his brief stint in the team after joining, from memory.

Just now, Dave-R said:

And why not if he does the job it doesnt matter, I'll point towards Ollie and the price we paid for him to the job hes done for us at the moment, 33 mill is looking a steal, no??

Because I want someone clearly better than Targett, he would compete with Targett not be a significant improvement on him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

Because I want someone clearly better than Targett, he would compete with Targett not be a significant improvement on him.

You cant make that judgement till he comes in and attempts the job. Look at it like this even if hes competitive with Target one of them will make the step over the other making each other in return better and improved, that's what were aiming for here at Villa as well.

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

You cant make that judgement till he comes in and attempts the job. Look at it like this even if hes competitive with Target one of them will make the step over the other making each other in return better and improved, that's what were aiming for here at Villa as well.

Rather save the money until January if we have it and if we don't I would just run Taylor as back up until the summer.