Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

13 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Right, I'm going to say it. IMO Taylor as back up is fine. He did a good job defensively last time he had a run and we have so much more attacking threat now that we don't need him to be able to cross. 

The problem for me is less around Taylor being back-up and more around Targett being first choice 😂 neither of them is up to the standard of a first-choice Premier League full-back for me. Just my opinion, granted.

12 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

so, i suppose the question now then is.....are we gonna sign someone from the Champ in the final window?

Wait, have I missed something? The window shuts in 20 minutes doesn't it?

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Wait, have I missed something? The window shuts in 20 minutes doesn't it?

There's a second window, or I guess a separate pane of the same window. The 5th through the 16th where PL teams can do transfers with lower league clubs.

Edited by Aston_Villan4

4 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Still weird that we've released a player on deadline day. Probably just a coincidence but I thought that clubs could sign free agents whenever they wanted to?

For Nyland to be able to sign for another club on a free, his contract had to be terminated in this transfer window or else he would not be able to sign until Jan. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Right, I'm going to say it. IMO Taylor as back up is fine. He did a good job defensively last time he had a run and we have so much more attacking threat now that we don't need him to be able to cross. 

I agree - the idea of replacing Taylor in the squad would be someone as good or better than Targett to actually be a challenger for the first team shirt. If it’s just a backup option then Taylor is fine.

45 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

At some point in our evolution as a club we need to find ways to get fees for exiting players, look at the kind of fees the big clubs get for bang average squad players or youth prospects.

Even £50,000 would cover Grealish’s hair care products for the year or McGinn’s ass supplements. Surely someone could have given us £50k for Jota?!

Once these few old/players who aren't up to it are gone we will get fees for future players.

Not only couldn't we get a fee for Jota we had to pay off some of his wages this year to get rid of him.