Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 hours ago, TRO said:

You can see the camaraderie in their faces and gestures.....I guess many being the same age, has a bearing in being on the same wave length....with the old head in Goal at 28.

I really do sense something special unfolding and obviously last night helps to think it.

Can't say, I seen that coming though.....I still think it is far better than we are reporting, a phenomenal performance and result.

So much to look forward to, “camaraderie” is another nice one 👌

We haven’t had such a togetherness and team spirit at the club in aaaaaaaaaages... Deano has done the business and continues...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I agree - the idea of replacing Taylor in the squad would be someone as good or better than Targett to actually be a challenger for the first team shirt. If it’s just a backup option then Taylor is fine.

I would have brought in Owen Wijndal for 10/15m and Tuanzebe on a loan to buy if I had the cash spare today.

42 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

At some point in our evolution as a club we need to find ways to get fees for exiting players, look at the kind of fees the big clubs get for bang average squad players or youth prospects.

Even £50,000 would cover Grealish’s hair care products for the year or McGinn’s ass supplements. Surely someone could have given us £50k for Jota?!

Agree with this.  Feel so blessed to have our current ownership group and management, but one potential issue I am concerned about is that they seem to be paying top dollar for each one of our ins and getting nothing for our outs.  Ultimately this will have an impact on our budget and FFP.

• Like 2

I can’t wait for the next blues fan to mention that we’re obsessed because have a 1,000 page thread on them.

I will happily point out that our thread about their tinpot outfit has been going for 12 years, and that we also have a 380 page thread about a player we thought we were signing in September 2020 :D

10 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Agree with this.  Feel so blessed to have our current ownership group and management, but one potential issue I am concerned about is that they seem to be paying top dollar for each one of our ins and getting nothing for our outs.  Ultimately this will have an impact on our budget and FFP.

If those players had of turned out to be big stars then sure we would of gotten some money out of it. When they are players who struggle to make the first team or are players putting in crap performances, who's going to want them.

Now say Ollie Watkins, Grealish, in fact any of those starting eleven will most likely fetch a price, even get something for a couple of the subs benchers when it's time for them to be sold or move on.

Things will change but it will take time for money to flow on in from players especially when most of the years weve brought players who in there final days at Villaend up playing shocking, you cant sell shocking players.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

Everton loaned Swedish International Keeper from Roma. Finally someone with some sense (Ancellotti) sees that Pickford is a chopped off dwarf and a liability. 

He reminds of the stupid kid with bad teeth and no athleticism who always got picked last at school so you just put him in goal. Somehow he slipped through the FA system to end up as England goalie.

• Haha 1