Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

5 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Re going for another striker or not. If dean and co are so happy for just Watkins to carry the line then why were we trying to buy Wilson? Do they think Traore could do a job up front if needed?

I think they do. Traore has a solid record playing as a CF, as well as having Davis and a potential return of Wesley.  We don't have the cash available (thanks to FFP) to get someone better than those options without restricting our future business for other more critical areas. 

Edited by MrBlack

I'll be amazed if Lansbury doesn't go on loan somewhere. He surely wants to put himself into the shop window for his next contract. 

We'll have to pay some of his wages obviously. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

They are not going to leave because they’ll have to take a pay cut. They’ll be with us until their contracts end. 

Not if we are subsiding part of the wage at his new club until they are out of contract here, 2 of them I mentioned are out of contract next year, I’m sure if a club offered them a 2/3 year deal they would take it instead of being without a club and hoping a club signs them 

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I'll be amazed if Lansbury doesn't go on loan somewhere. He surely wants to put himself into the shop window for his next contract. 

We'll have to pay some of his wages obviously. 

Liverpool? about their level?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Is Nyland the GK skysports mentioned being linked with a move away?

Probably but wouldn’t know as I’m not watching it can’t stand the show as the guests they have had on today are awful

5 minutes ago, Folski said:

Was he ever any good

Being a Arsenal regular and England international at 18 suggests at the very least he could have had a stellar career. He played like a tough tackling midfielder which unfortunately his body couldn't really cope with, and he was too stubborn or was  not advised to change his style to avoid further injuries.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

He never looked after himself, loves the beer smoking and parties.

Exactly. Look at Messi and Ronaldo it's not by accident those two are the best. They've looked after every aspect of their fitness and diets. These young uns can learn a thing or two from them.

• Like 1

'Managers don't trust Wilshere'

Former Man City defender on BBC Radio 5 Live

I think it just gets to a stage where the manager just doesn't trust you. I had a period under Dean Smith where I was fit enough to play but not fit enough for the standard they wanted. I lost their belief and their trust.

I think for Jack Wilshere now, managers just don't trust him anymore, and it's sad because I don't like to see that of any player. He's still only 28 and we all know he's got great ability but he just hasn't managed to do it often enough and unfortunately for him, injury has played a massive part in it.