Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

We could really do with a LB, that would “complete us” and further signings would be a bonus or icing on the cake...

I do agree as Targett can be a wee bit brittle and much as I appreciate Taylor I don’t think he can support us in any way past the halfway line.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Carew and Young must be the best January window ever. Bent and Makoun (and Pires) was pretty exciting at the time. Two years later Simon Dawkins would arrive on loan on deadline day to both start and finish our January transfer business.....

We nearly got Omar Cummings in fairness......

4 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

Apparently there is a gentleman's agreement between Watford and another PL club (assuming Man Utd if they don't get Sancho). If that doesn't materialise then Sarr will be available on deadline day. I guess that might be our Plan B if Rashica doesn't come. 

I mentioned something similar the other day, if Rashica was for some reason not to happen then we move to plan B.

4 hours ago, AndyClarke said:

Don't forget the deadline for EFL transfers is later so this can stay on the back burner.

Absolutely.

I think we’re done but there is one thing nagging away at me, the missus aside. We had 20m to spend on Callum Wilson apparently. Now I can’t for the life of me think that was instead of signing Watkins. Watkins has always been the no. 1 target wherever you look which means we have 20m knocking around somewhere, maybe? 

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, stegzy said:

I do agree as Targett can be a wee bit brittle and much as I appreciate Taylor I don’t think he can support us in any way past the halfway line.

Yeah, with all of the talent we have introduced into the side (and attacking intent) it would hinder/impair us whenever we had to play Taylor and I don’t think he’s particularly good defensively either. An extremely basic/limited player who should be continuing his career at a lower level.

Targett needs genuine competition to push him and get the best out of him, ideally we would get a superior LB but we are limited in what we can do/spend.

I think we should go for a wide forward instead of a striker, it would give us more options. Traoré can be back up to Watkins with Davis as third choice until Wesly comes back. We need one more wide forward to compete with Jack and Traoré, with a new wide forward we also have the choice of playing Jack in midfield and still have a good front three. If we bring in another striker then Wesley will perhaps be third choice when he comes back, would rather have Watkins and Wesley as our main strikers, Davis as back up and Traoré who can fill in if needed.

Guess we don't ahve much more to spend, so a CB as cover on loan would do at the moment.

A wide forward, preferably Benrahma and a CB and it would be the absolutely doodely perfect window for me! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If we really are in for Sarr, it would appear Bremen/Rashica have screwed themselves out of an opportunity.

Time will tell mate. The key thing to remember is that Rashica can play AML, AMC, ST positions. Werder are cutting it fine I agree.

3 hours ago, BOF said:

How many is too many? If we have Traoré and Barkley in, where do we put Sarr or Rashica? I'm worried about too many new faces too soon in the same area of the park.

Most of the players mentioned all play in completely different positions of midfield.

Also, Sarr is mainly AMR, as is Bertrand Traore. But the former can also play AML and ST.

It would make sense Sarr being a plan B.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I think we should go for a wide forward instead of a striker, it would give us more options. Traoré can be back up to Watkins with Davis as third choice until Wesly comes back. We need one more wide forward to compete with Jack and Traoré, with a new wide forward we also have the choice of playing Jack in midfield and still have a good front three. If we bring in another striker then Wesley will perhaps be third choice when he comes back, would rather have Watkins and Wesley as our main strikers, Davis as back up and Traoré who can fill in if needed.

Guess we don't have much more to spend, so a CB as cover on loan would do at the moment.

A wide forward, preferably Benrahma and a CB and it would be the absolutely doodely perfect window for me! 

44 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Read somewhere it would be better for Watford to loan Sarr out than sell for FFP ... Can anyone confirm or deny this ?

I’m not sure but I think I read that Man U were in for him on loan, so that would be inline with what you’re saying. 

20 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think we’re done but there is one thing nagging away at me, the missus aside. We had 20m to spend on Callum Wilson apparently. Now I can’t for the life of me think that was instead of signing Watkins. Watkins has always been the no. 1 target wherever you look which means we have 20m knocking around somewhere, maybe? 

Or, to out it another way, we were in for Rashica so, did we use that money to get Traore or, did we give up on Rashica and still have that money to spend? 

22 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Rocket fuel?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I think I read somewhere that’s Victor Nelsson, who we apparently put a £9m bid in for, was originally a midfielder and converted to CB. He could be very versatile for us if he’s of the right standard for the PL. 

I am not sure if it's since been quashed Dave, I do agree though we need a good backup CB still as it remains to be seen whats going in with Engels and I don't rate Hause.

Tuanzebe on another season loan...?