Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

7 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I am not sure if it's since been quashed Dave, I do agree though we need a good backup CB still as it remains to be seen whats going in with Engels and I don't rate Hause.

Tuanzebe on another season loan...?

We aren't going to sign a CB in my opinion, not with Engles seemingly coming back.

22 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Time will tell mate. The key thing to remember is that Rashica can play AML, AMC, ST positions. Werder are cutting it fine I agree.

Most of the players mentioned all play in completely different positions of midfield.

Also, Sarr is mainly AMR, as is Bertrand Traore. But the former can also play AML and ST.

It would make sense Sarr being a plan B.

As you say that, in one of the last interviews, Deano did say something along the lines of " Let's see if we can get someone who covers both ". 

Was quick comment in response to strengthening, and referring to the Midfield/Forward.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

As you say that, in one of the last interviews, Deano did say something along the lines of " Let's see if we can get someone who covers both ". 

Was quick comment in response to strengthening, and referring to the Midfield/Forward.

Glad you also noticed.

Rashica plan A?, Sarr Plan B?

Engels needs a chance in this more resolute system but he's easily behind Konsa now. He was arguably the best of the centre halves early on last season but his form drifted and we played too open for any CB to distinguish themselves.

It would be nice to give him some cup games.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

We aren't going to sign a CB in my opinion, not with Engles seemingly coming back.

Do you think both Engels and Hause will still remain with us beyond deadline day though?

Anything can happen in football and it was only a few days ago that I shared the agreement of thought with you that I doubted we would see Engels again.

10 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I’m very happy with our Cb options if Engels is back. If he’s not ready though we could definitely do with cover. Really do believe that Engels can come good though if he can keep fit. 

17 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

You really think we’re going to sign Rashica don’t you?! Fair play. Hope you’re right. You deserve it for staying positive 👍

7 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Based on what you know/knew, do you think that is the case still? Or just your gut feelings?

We have seen nothing (so far) to suggest that the transfer won't happen?

The manager has since came out and stated we are down 1 in a striker and also need someone that can play the attack midfield line.

Rashica & Sarr fit the criteria, There was another thread for this though...

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Do you think both Engels and Hause will still remain with us beyond deadline day though?

Anything can happen in football and it was only a few days ago that I shared the agreement of thought with you that I doubted we would see Engels again.

Yeah I don't see either of them leaving this window.

I didn't think we would see Engles again, I was deeply suspicious about his "injuries" but seemingly they were genuine. 

I'm not sure we will sell anyone before the deadline, perhaps a couple of younger players out on loan though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

The manager has since came out and stated we are down 1 in a striker and also need someone that can play the attack midfield line.

I agree. I've seen nothing to suggest it won't happen, either. Smith's comments were very interesting.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I am not sure if it's since been quashed Dave, I do agree though we need a good backup CB still as it remains to be seen whats going in with Engels and I don't rate Hause.

Tuanzebe on another season loan...?

A fit Tuanzene would be a no brainier Andy but he’s had his problems with injuries since he left us, sadly. 

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

A fit Tuanzene would be a no brainier Andy but he’s had his problems with injuries since he left us, sadly. 

Sadly.

Tragic he was conned by Olé into signing that contract.

I would definately replace Hause if we're possible but it might be something we now look at reviewing in the January window perhaps?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Either of these two in and maybe the only prem team to have a bigger window is Chelsea. 

In terms of qualitative improvement of the squad I think we’ll have had the biggest jump of any side in the league. 

Covid kept us up and may now be helping us climb the table.

Silver lining and all that. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Yeah I don't see either of them leaving this window.

I didn't think we would see Engles again, I was deeply suspicious about his "injuries" but seemingly they were genuine. 

I'm not sure we will sell anyone before the deadline, perhaps a couple of younger players out on loan though.

Glad there was no long term bust up with Engels, made me worry a bit about man management and squad spirit and stuff. I also think he looked good for a while next to Mings there's a good defender in there I reckon.

• Like 2