Relegation thread

Knutserov13

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Good old Lambert memories.

Villa fans only seem to remember the bad times. I tend to remember the good ones.

Easier to remember as you can count them on one hand

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Good old Lambert memories.

Villa fans only seem to remember the bad times. I tend to remember the good ones.

I thought he did ok - until he implemented that walking pace sideways passing thing - which was one of the most bizarre things I have witnessed 

• Like 1

Really can't see anything other than a Man City win but where does that sit us going in to the final 2 games IF Watford somehow get a point?

Edited by MCU

3 minutes ago, MCU said:

Really can't see anything other than a Man City win but where does that sit us going in to the final 2 games IF Watford somehow get a point?

should watford get a point and we don't get a point v arse we are down - a draw means in theory we can catch watford on goal difference 

should we both lose we would have to recover at least a 5* goal difference on the last day 

*depending on how many arse score tonight.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MCU said:

The key is that if Watford lose then it keeps us alive IF we lose to Arsenal whereas if they get even a point and we lose then we are relegated tonight.

What we desperately need is for Watford to lose by 3/4/5 goals or more. If they only lose by a goal than we are in trouble if we lose to Arsenal and will need a major GD swing on Sunday.

Edited by Paul33
  • Like 1

We were on relegation form before the restart and are on relegation form after the restart, and still we are with a shout with 2 games to go.

Some really poor and under performing clubs this season.

• Like 3

i'd be OK with a point tonight providing watford lose by a few. that takes bournemouth out of the equation, providing we beat west ham and watford also lose to arsenal

1 minute ago, MCU said:

Christ, could be settled tonight then.

most probable outcome is both us and watford loose - but if watford get a right royal tanking while we lose 1-0 we would actually be in a better position for sunday

12 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Could be basically settled before 8pm if Watford win.

well the interesting thing is that let's say both us and watford win by a single goal tonight, we 'only' need to win by 2 goals and watford to lose by 2 goals last day to stay up. would both have the same GD but we've scored way more

i wonder, if watford sneak a win tonight, whether the players would be told. they go into our game assuming watford have been beaten, they know a loss/draw isn't the end of the world. i'd say they would need to be told that this is mathematically a must win