Relegation thread

Knutserov13

39 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

A point against United would be huge going into Palace on Sunday.

I think it is doable if we play like we did against Liverpool. They don't have the same quality off their subs bench and have a much worse defense with slower and more easily bullied defenders. Although the refs are almost guaranteed to give them a pen for some bullshit that didn't deserve it like they always do.

I have is getting 3 at CP and west ham and it is completely doable for us to get something against Everton and Arsenal depending on how the race for Europe is going. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I think it is doable if we play like we did against Liverpool. They don't have the same quality off their subs bench and have a much worse defense with slower and more easily bullied defenders. Although the refs are almost guaranteed to give them a pen for some bullshit that didn't deserve it like they always do.

I have is getting 3 at CP and west ham and it is completely doable for us to get something against Everton and Arsenal depending on how the race for Europe is going. 

The problem is us and Watford face Arsenal back to back on the last 2 games of the season. I predict Everton will be out of contention for Europe by the time we play them, and Palace have nothing to play for here. Get a good result against United and it's all to play for. 

I really fear United though, their front line is scary. I think Luiz will get a handle on Pogba and the other hangers on in midfield though, I'm just worried about Rashford vs Konsa and Greenwood vs Taylor. It really boils down to, will Maguire have as easy a day at the office as Van Dijk the other day. If he does then we're ****. 

6 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Maybe it's high time Aston Villa get up of their hole and do Aston Villa a favour .

So you want Aston Villa to do Aston Villa a favour?? Its sounds pretty straight forward 😋

12 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

One of the most pathetic posts I've ever read.

Cannot get my head round this at all. 

Taking joy in our plight? Taking joy in being right against people just trying to be positive?

I never tried to 'spin' anything, just merely tried to correct some lies used against Smith and bring balance to the argument. I've admitted I agree with some of the criticisms.

My first thought yesterday if Norwich would've won wouldn't have been 'cant wait for the pessimists spin on this'. Because I want what's best for Aston villa, not to be right or wrong. That doesn't matter.

Woah mate, I think you need to relax. I haven't 'lost it' at any posts telling me my opinion is wrong. You're entitled to your view and as am I. I didn't comment specifically on any of your posts so not sure why you are so upset at me. 

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Woah mate, I think you need to relax. I haven't 'lost it' at any posts telling me my opinion is wrong. You're entitled to your view and as am I. I didn't comment specifically on any of your posts so not sure why you are so upset at me. 

It's not any of these individual posts. It's the thought process behind the post. I haven't 'lost it'. Just picking you up on a ridiculous sentiment.

Don't we all want what's best for Aston Villa? You're post doesn't come across that way.

17 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

It's not any of these individual posts. It's the thought process behind the post. I haven't 'lost it'. Just picking you up on a ridiculous sentiment.

Don't we all want what's best for Aston Villa? You're post doesn't come across that way.

Yeah I want what's best for Villa, doesn't mean I'm delusional about if that is going to happen. 

You can call my post ridiculous, that is completely fine.... Don't however think that means I don't care, of course I care, why else would I get up at 230am to watch utter dross every week. Or twice a week lately.

I'd rather be Norwich right now, they have something about them.

I'm out of hope, we are going down in my opinion, and maybe just maybe it will turn out to be what's best for this football club.

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Yeah I want what's best for Villa, doesn't mean I'm delusional about if that is going to happen. 

You can call my post ridiculous, that is completely fine.... Don't however think that means I don't care, of course I care, why else would I get up at 230am to watch utter dross every week. Or twice a week lately.

I'd rather be Norwich right now, they have something about them.

I'm out of hope, we are going down in my opinion, and maybe just maybe it will turn out to be what's best for this football club.

This is a much more reasoned and balanced post. Why didnt you say this instead of having a dig at people trying to stay positive? Acting like you had won?

I don't think it was 'delusional' to think we would stay up. It's still not 'delusional' now. It's very unlikely, not delusional. 

You'd rather be Norwich? 6 points worse off than us? And probably down on Saturday?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I just hope that Burnley could complete their favor and beat West Ham. That would keep it a race of 3 instead of 2. Then we see what will happen in the next couple of games. 

Unfortunately Spam still have Norwich so that's basically another guaranteed 3 points. The unexpected Chelsea win put them out of reach. And deservedly so- we'd never get a win like that. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sidcow said:

What club ever, ever has sacked the manager who got them promoted (I am assuming you mean at the start of the season and not 10 games ago). 

I admit that would have been a very harsh decision and one that they would be unlikely to make. I’m not even saying they should have made it or even that I would have supported it at the time. I didn’t intend my post to be about individual decisions but more a generalisation of the club not making the right decisions. Hindsight being a wonderful thing of course. 

However I do think that the club has taken a fairly steady approach. The appointment of Dean wasn’t exactly revolutionary thinking. I feel Suso was just available.

Leicester got rid of Pearson after he did almost the equivalent of being promoted and staged a miraculous recovery to keep them up. They’ve continued to punch way above their weight on top of incredibly winning the league. It’s not luck. Wolves appear to be extremely well run. They may have got lucky with Mendes, but it may have been that they spotted an opportunity and took it. 

I just don’t feel like we’re a club on the way up. We’ve improved from the shambles we were, but is anyone looking at us and thinking, wooow Villa look like a club that are going places? I’m afraid that at the moment the answer is no. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

West Ham beating Chelsea wasn't that unexpected, I predicted it.

Chelsea have lost plenty of games like that this season, as have most of the so called big clubs, only exceptions are Liverpool and Man CIty.

But for some reason we haven't been able to take advantage. It's our rivals taking advantage of the poor form over the season of teams like Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, and Man Utd, whilst we haven't been able to that could ultimatley cost us.

• Like 1

Sadly I think we will be down before the last game, just can't see where the goals are coming from. Think if we played for 4hours we would still not score! Defence has improved since the return but we have no goal threat. I hope we somehow manage to keep Manure at bay and get a 0-0 a thrashing and we are gone. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

This is a much more reasoned and balanced post. Why didnt you say this instead of having a dig at people trying to stay positive? Acting like you had won?

I don't think it was 'delusional' to think we would stay up. It's still not 'delusional' now. It's very unlikely, not delusional. 

You'd rather be Norwich? 6 points worse off than us? And probably down on Saturday?

Sorry I wasn't clear, I'd rather be Norwich as a club in current culture and squad. They didn't spoof a shedload of money and they actually play with some kind of plan and spirit, albeit one that wasn't good enough but still better imo than what we do, because I have no idea what we do. We look scared to do anything, which results in the inevitable. 

Bruce got slated for his timid approach, and rightly so, well what I see isnt much better than that.

I don't hate Smith, I'm not sure I even want him to lose his job but he has without a doubt betrayed his own philosophies and in any business and job any walk of life..... If you don't believe in yourself how do you expect others to believe in you.

If Smith goes I won't be jumping for joy, I will actually be quite sad. However I'll probably think it's the right decision in the best interests of Aston Villa.

My earlier message was a poor attempt at a bit of humour. I was looking forward to the posts, not revelling in our current situation as dire as it is.

Edited by Villan_of_oz

6 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

We have a habit of starting these big games well, taking opposition by surprise and looking like we are in control.

The problem is we are then impotent, don't take our chances, waste set pieces etc or drive our advantage and then give team time to settle into their game.

If we took advantage of our early good work we would probably have at least 9 more points.

I'm hoping this starts against Man U, we might as well throw everything at it.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

Not that im ever right on these things but i can really see.....

Watford - Newcastle (D) City (L) West Ham (L) Arsenal (L)

Villa - United (L) Palace (W) Everton (D) Arsenal (L) and then needing to win at West Ham

That Watford v Newcastle game is the big one....Ive always loved you Stevie and if I ever did say you were a potato head I always did mean a La Bonnotte

• Haha 3