Generic Virus Thread

villakram

8 hours ago, snowychap said:

All seems quite sensible.

In the UK it all hinges on NHS capacity, not deaths. Be interesting to see the curve of occupancy versus capacity being reported daily. 

10 hours ago, maqroll said:

I was feeling very run down and achy with a slight fever so I injected bleach directly into my eye, I did good, right guys?

I hope it was Domestos as that's the only product that kills all germs dead! 

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

He claims this is an authentic email doing the rounds. Obviously not confirmed anywhere and potentially could be complete bullshit but thought I'd share with the 'fake news' warning. 

It’s not fake. It’s real, and could be very disturbing.

EDIT - still unconfirmed actually

Edited by terrytini

“[In the] last three weeks, there has been an apparent rise in the number of children of all ages presenting with a multi-system inflammatory state requiring intensive care across London and also in other regions of the UK.

“There is a growing concern that a [Covid-19] related inflammatory syndrome is emerging in children in the UK, or that there may be another, as yet unidentified, infectious pathogen associated with these cases.”

https://www.hsj.co.uk/acute-care/exclusive-national-alert-as-coronavirus-related-condition-may-be-emerging-in-children/7027496.article

edit : decided to leave this here but see my Post a bit further down page 👍

Edited by terrytini
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

“[In the] last three weeks, there has been an apparent rise in the number of children of all ages presenting with a multi-system inflammatory state requiring intensive care across London and also in other regions of the UK.

“There is a growing concern that a [Covid-19] related inflammatory syndrome is emerging in children in the UK, or that there may be another, as yet unidentified, infectious pathogen associated with these cases.”

https://www.hsj.co.uk/acute-care/exclusive-national-alert-as-coronavirus-related-condition-may-be-emerging-in-children/7027496.article

That is worrying. 

Has anything like this come out from other countries?

If this starts having an impact on children, other than the odd very rare case, then that is a whole other ball game and extremely worrying. The one small crumb of comfort I have taken from all this is that my children, and other children, are almost certainly not going to be affected.

• Like 2

Just a cautionary note - whilst the Journal is legit, and the Paediatric Intensive Care Society is aswell, no report I’ve found links directly to the original alert, so for the sake of certainty, let’s say this ISNT fully confirmed as yet.

However, a glance through various medical professionals Twitter Feeds suggests it is believed by them and, sadly, confirms what they have begun hearing from other countries.

11 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I wonder if 'think of the children brigade' will continue to be used as a term to mock others?

I won’t comment on that specifically but I will say the whole point many have tried to make repeatedly is that very very little is known for certain about this Virus, ( and next to nothing about what may happen over time) which is why so many Doctors, epidemiologists, and governments, have seen the need for extraordinary steps to be taken.

So, whilst in two years we may look back and say some things were overdone, it is just as possible that in two years we will look back and consider everything that’s being done to be massively insufficient.

I know which I’d prefer.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I won’t comment on that specifically but I will say the whole point many have tried to make repeatedly is that very very little is known for certain about this Virus, ( and next to nothing about what may happen over time) which is why so many Doctors, epidemiologists, and governments, have seen the need for extraordinary steps to be taken.

So, whilst in two years we may look back and say some things were overdone, it is just as possible that in two years we will look back and consider everything that’s being done to be massively insufficient.

I know which I’d prefer.

Yep.

I would say that as we are on course to be one of the worst counties affected by it, it would seem unlikely to me that we will look back and say we over did it. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, terrytini said:

edit : decided to leave this here but see my Post a bit further down page 👍

It just gets worse! What the actual **** is this thing!? 

Edit: there was article yesterday in the Washington Post that was saying people in their 30-40s are catching it and dying of strokes!!! 😐

Doctors sound alarm about patients in their 30s and 40s left debilitated or dead

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/04/24/strokes-coronavirus-young-patients/

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

Â