Generic Virus Thread

villakram

1 hour ago, Xela said:

i was chatting to a client today and he said that 20 years ago we wouldn't have been able to detect covid-19 and people would have just got on with their lives as per normal. It would have simply been recorded in the future as a bad year for flu deaths but no-one would have none the wiser. A life of  blissful ignorance sometimes seems better!

That makes no sense

I mean we detected Spanish Flu was a more potent flu strain and that was over 100 years ago

It's great how the community come together to help each other in times of need but some offers are a step too far

It didn't take long for lots of people to reply with pretty much the same response of er no thanks, the place isn't clean.

It may well be an architectural marvel but it was on the slide when they made the TV programme about it, its been getting progressively worse in the last 25 years

There was a time that googling the words Brothel and Liverpool, the Adelphi would feature in the top three returns

When cheap publicity shots backfire I guess

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

i was chatting to a client today and he said that 20 years ago we wouldn't have been able to detect covid-19 and people would have just got on with their lives as per normal. It would have simply been recorded in the future as a bad year for flu deaths but no-one would have none the wiser. A life of  blissful ignorance sometimes seems better!

Except for all the florists buying Ferrari’s.

With no mitigation whatsoever this would have killed about 500,000 in UK alone. If people can’t deal with a few weeks inconvenience to reduce that number by a factor of ten... **** them, frankly.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

& now waiting for a paramedic... Cya folks

Good luck mate, make sure you post pics of the nurses if they’re fit - or have super stylish PPE. 

PS. If you die I want first dibs on your avatar. Always liked it. 

Edited by Awol

25 minutes ago, Xela said:

Lots of twitter/whatsapp rumours stating the UK (or parts of it) will be locked down from Friday 🤔

I spoke to a client  earlier today whose sister is rather senior in the NHS and she said they were expecting lockdown to be announced early next week , partly as the nhs is being swamped way beyond anything being reported .. I guess it seems logical , schools on Friday , lockdown on Monday but equally I don’t know the client personally well enough to validate what they said 

is the WhatsApp one you are referring to  , the one from  people posting random pictures of army trucks and soldiers on streets with no time reference and how they were going to announce it late on Thursday so nobody would have time to react  ? 

Edited by tonyh29

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

is the WhatsApp one you are referring to  , the one from  people posting random pictures of army trucks and soldiers on streets with no time reference and how they were going to announce it late on Thursday so nobody would have time to react  ? 

A similar one. It won't be Thursday night as the schools are open on Friday and I can't see them doing it on a Friday night/Saturday morning. Monday seems more sensible if that is the right word. 

1 hour ago, MCU said:

Go on and tell me how every other country in this global pandemic is doing it so well and so great then. 

I think the government are trying and I don’t necessarily agree with the assessment of Johnson , but tbf  I think the post was more about Johnson saying a lot without really saying anything rather than a comment about what other countries are doing 

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

I suspct they'll do London first, which is why as soon as the daughter was given the WFH instruction we told her to get her shit together and get on the first train back here

She got back yesterday thankfully

After the farce of lockdown in Milan and then Paris, it’ll be done first and then announced as a fait accompli, if it happens at all. 

• Like 1

Â