Generic Virus Thread

villakram

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I'm confused on this one. I was under the impression that you shouldn't rely on LFT's if you had a confirmed PCR as the infection stayed in your system. As such, the results were unreliable. But now we are supposed to use this to prove we're not infectious? What am I missing?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, choffer said:

I'm confused on this one. I was under the impression that you shouldn't rely on LFT's if you had a confirmed PCR as the infection stayed in your system. As such, the results were unreliable. But now we are supposed to use this to prove we're not infectious? What am I missing?

You're right, it seems unlikely that many people will be testing negative on day 6 but if they do then they can be pretty certain about not being infectious so no reason to carry on isolating, Also depends when you first test positive - someone might not identify infectiousness until their day 4 (say), which would be about 7 days after actually contracting the virus, but they would previously have been isolating for 7 days after that unnecessarily. 

24 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

You're right, it seems unlikely that many people will be testing negative on day 6 but if they do then they can be pretty certain about not being infectious so no reason to carry on isolating, Also depends when you first test positive - someone might not identify infectiousness until their day 4 (say), which would be about 7 days after actually contracting the virus, but they would previously have been isolating for 7 days after that unnecessarily. 

Yep - so it falls down because LFT is an indicator of infection rather than infectiousness and it's largely irrelevant because most people will only ever remember the "5 days" bit rather than the "5 days plus a clear LFT".

Back to work, proles. 

I have just had a gas engineer round to service my boiler. A really nice bloke who I have known for years. Got talking and he said he has only had one covid vaccination back in March 2020 when he had AstraZeneca jab and ended up off work for 3 months as had terrible pain in one leg from one knee down which was like a stabbing pain and DVT and also he was totally fatigued. Had some tests but couldn't find out what it was and drs were adamant nothing to do with the vaccination and wouldn't even entertain the suggestion. Since then he says he knows lots of people who have had the same thing after being vaccinated and also knows people who have had myocarditis and pericarditis and someone who died 4 weeks after being vaccinated due to a blood clot. He reckons all these issues are common but not being widely talked about and media turning a blind eye. He won't have another covid vaccination.

I didn't know what to make of it all to be honest with you as I don't know anyone who has had any side affects, other than minor ones a day after, but he reeled off about 10 people he knew who had suffered severe issues. 

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

I have just had a gas engineer round to service my boiler. A really nice bloke who I have known for years. Got talking and he said he has only had one covid vaccination back in March 2020 when he had AstraZeneca jab and ended up off work for 3 months as had terrible pain in one leg from one knee down which was like a stabbing pain and DVT and also he was totally fatigued. Had some test but couldn't find out what it was. Since then he says he knows lots of people who have had the same thing after being vaccinated and also knows people who have had myocarditis and pericarditis and someone who died 4 weeks after being vaccinated due to a blood clot. He reckons all these issues are common but not being widely talked about and media turning a blind eye. He won't have another covid vaccination. I didn't know what to make of it all to be honest with you as I don't know anyone who has had any side affects, other than minor ones a day after, but he reeled off about 10 people he knew who had suffered severe issues. 

Your man aside and the people he knows, do you know any people that have had these issues? I have to be honest with you, I know an awful lot of people and they had sore arms. None of them have had these issues and none of them are telling me that they know people that have had these issues. Your boiler man knows a hell of a lot of very unlucky people. 

• Like 2

I’m convinced there’s something in the wall in screwfix as all the tradesmen I know are anti covid vaccine. All of them.

I work with dozens and dozens of people and we have team meetings every day, not one person reported anything more severe than feeling a bit under the weather for 24-36 hours / sore arm.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 2

Just now, Genie said:

I’m convinced there’s something in the wall in screwfix as all the tradesmen I know are anti covid vaccine. All of them.

I agree. I see a significant number of tradesmen's vehicles with stickers in the windows that are frankly batshit. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I have just had a gas engineer round to service my boiler. A really nice bloke who I have known for years. Got talking and he said he has only had one covid vaccination back in March 2020 when he had AstraZeneca jab and ended up off work for 3 months as had terrible pain in one leg from one knee down which was like a stabbing pain and DVT and also he was totally fatigued. Had some tests but couldn't find out what it was and drs were adamant nothing to do with the vaccination and wouldn't even entertain the suggestion. Since then he says he knows lots of people who have had the same thing after being vaccinated and also knows people who have had myocarditis and pericarditis and someone who died 4 weeks after being vaccinated due to a blood clot. He reckons all these issues are common but not being widely talked about and media turning a blind eye. He won't have another covid vaccination.

I didn't know what to make of it all to be honest with you as I don't know anyone who has had any side affects, other than minor ones a day after, but he reeled off about 10 people he knew who had suffered severe issues. 

Did he use crystals and consult your horoscope to fix the boiler?

Edited by jimmygreaves
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Your man aside and the people he knows, do you know any people that have had these issues? I have to be honest with you, I know an awful lot of people and they had sore arms. None of them have had these issues and none of them are telling me that they know people that have had these issues. Your boiler man knows a hell of a lot of very unlucky people. 

As I said in my post I don't know anyone who has had any issues other than mild ones a day after. I have known this bloke years and have had loads of conversations with him and would never have had him down as one to spout BS but he had to be as it seems impossible he could have known so many people who have had serious problems after being  vaccinated. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

As I said in my post I don't know anyone who has had any issues other than mild ones a day after. I have known this bloke years and have had loads of conversations with him and would never have had him down as one to spout BS but he had to be as it seems impossible he could have known so many people who have had serious problems after being  vaccinated. 

If he does in fact know these people maybe they're just people he "knows" on certain Facebook groups, i.e. anyone who coincidentally suffered some condition around the time of having a vaccine (or just made it up) and went straight to the internet.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

If he does in fact know these people maybe they're just people he "knows" on certain Facebook groups, i.e. anyone who coincidentally suffered some condition around the time of having a vaccine (or just made it up) and went straight to the internet.

That's the thing he knew them all personally so friends/relatives and a lot of the people were apparently customers so he would name them and what road they lived on. Said a lot of them had the same issues he had (stabbing pain in one leg/severe fatigue) which is how he'd get onto speaking about it as he noticed they were limping. It was bizarre.

Edited by markavfc40

Positive test with Covid now, He used to be a minister. Another party leader was in Parliament with a cold yesterday and is now positive. Clowns doesn't really describe it enough anymore.

Edited by NoelVilla

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

That's the thing he knew them all personally so friends/relatives and a lot of the people were apparently customers so he would name them and what road they lived on. Said a lot of them had the same issues he had (stabbing pain in one leg/severe fatigue) which is how he'd get onto speaking about it as he noticed they were limping. It was bizarre.

I guess that this is why it will never be as black and white as to say "you're a moron and you deserve what's coming to you if you aren't fully vaxxed". Most people don't know anyone who's had severe side effects from the vaccine, but imagine how that person might feel if quite a few people that they know have had something like that? You can understand why it would make someone feel a bit on edge.

Yikes, found this lurking a few lines down on page 2!

New cases declared at under 100,000 today for the first day since 21 December.

With one anomaly there has been 10 consecutive days of falling new case numbers now and todays 99,652 is less than half of that 10 day peak of 218,724.

I really think we've broken the back of this mutha **** now, I really do.

Hopefully cases just continue to tail off.   Let's just pray it doesn't mutate upwards again.

Haven't been posting much of late as got Covid right before Christmas and just now really recovering from it. **** me up tbh. Hopefully can go back to work next week.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yikes, found this lurking a few lines down on page 2!

New cases declared at under 100,000 today for the first day since 21 December.

With one anomaly there has been 10 consecutive days of falling new case numbers now and todays 99,652 is less than half of that 10 day peak of 218,724.

I really think we've broken the back of this mutha **** now, I really do.

Hopefully cases just continue to tail off.   Let's just pray it doesn't mutate upwards again.

Would that not be down to less PCR tests now as you isolate after a lateral flow when symptomless? and not get a follow up PCR. No idea whether lateral flows are included in positive case numbers, i was presuming it is only PCR's

17 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

Would that not be down to less PCR tests now as you isolate after a lateral flow when symptomless? and not get a follow up PCR. No idea whether lateral flows are included in positive case numbers, i was presuming it is only PCR's

There is still around the same number of overall tests being reported each day.    1,413,468 tests conducted yesterday, the daily average for the last 7 days is 1,515,709 so it's down but not massively.

There were 2m tests conducted 10 days ago when that highest cases figure was declared but that still wouldn't account for it more than halving.

I don't think the lessening of PCR tests will make that much difference, weren't the vast majority of PCR tests just people getting their lateral flow results confirmed?

I guess the acid test will be hospital admissions, they do seem to have plateaued, we're probably 4 days away from them reflecting that top 218,724 cases number so we should then start to see a corresponding reduction in admissions.

People actually in hospital and on ventilators seems to be falling already, I assume some of these treatments they have developed are helping those admitted to get better quicker/not get as bad. 

Anyway fingers crossed.

Edited by sidcow

So, now that I tested positive I have the joy of the NHS track & trace calling me.

They also call me about my son's details (2.5 years old).

I'm not angry with the people calling. They are doing a job.

But what an absolute clusterfu*k. I have never seen a less useful service served up by the government. 

I could go into an essay of the 30min chat I'm having (still ongoing) and how pointless and stupid it is. 

-where did you go before you got infected

-for a run

-where

-in Lichfield, I did 6 km, I've been all over

-have you been to a park?

-probably, yeah.

-whats the park called

-im not sure 

-Is it wood park?

-i don't know, I run through streets and parks.

-so it's wood park?

-im really not sure, I did several runs on different routes.

- I need to know, otherwise it won't let me get to the next screen.

Honestly, BoJo should get the kick for that alone, never mind the parties. 

15 hours ago, Mic09 said:

So, now that I tested positive I have the joy of the NHS track & trace calling me.

They also call me about my son's details (2.5 years old).

I'm not angry with the people calling. They are doing a job.

But what an absolute clusterfu*k. I have never seen a less useful service served up by the government. 

I could go into an essay of the 30min chat I'm having (still ongoing) and how pointless and stupid it is. 

-where did you go before you got infected

-for a run

-where

-in Lichfield, I did 6 km, I've been all over

-have you been to a park?

-probably, yeah.

-whats the park called

-im not sure 

-Is it wood park?

-i don't know, I run through streets and parks.

-so it's wood park?

-im really not sure, I did several runs on different routes.

- I need to know, otherwise it won't let me get to the next screen.

Honestly, BoJo should get the kick for that alone, never mind the parties. 

Seriously, put the phone down on them at this point in the pandemic and this wave, those questions are absolutely irrelevant

Test and Trace are the most inept, incompetent government department, that I've ever encountered, absolutely nothing good can come of talking to them. Stop wasting your time and oxygen

Â