Generic Virus Thread

villakram

5 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

1600 dead, wow.

Hoping that's a bit of catch up from the weekend.  

Disappointing number of vaccinations though at 279,757.  I has hoping it would be higher than last week were they were ramping up all week to a figure of nearly 500,000.   279,757 is lower than any day last week.  Hopefully it's snow disruption still and not supply problems.

17 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Disappointing number of vaccinations though at 279,757.  I has hoping it would be higher than last week were they were ramping up all week to a figure of nearly 500,000.   279,757 is lower than any day last week.  Hopefully it's snow disruption still and not supply problems.

I can’t help thinking that if there was a way they could have sped up the vaccine so many more lives could have been saved, it’s hard to comprehend how at the same time we have almost vaccinated the most vulnerable that we are currently recording the highest daily deaths throughout the entire year of this pandemic.

• Like 1

Listening to the press conference with Johnson and the scientific experts after the 100,000 threshold is breached.  A truly scandalous government!  They're effectively attempting to 'stage manage' a deeply disruptive pandemic.  In fact, this is precisely what they are doing, no 'attempting' about it.  Beyond the postures of 'resistance' in supposedly holding the government to account, the response should be called out baldly for what it is: Wilful disinformation at a time of prolonged national crisis.  One wonders where it all ends?

I do wonder, for those perhaps more savvy in history than myself, how the current government's response to the crisis compares to previous government's actions at similar times of emergency?

42 minutes ago, sidcow said:

A lot of vaccine centres were still shut yesterday due to the weather so hoping that is the reason. The snow has had an impact. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

£800 fine if caught at a house party, reduced to £400 if paid early.

If you catch Covid at the party the government will pay you £500 to stay at home.

£100 profit.

:lol: 

I'd like to think they would be able to see people who had been fined and not pay them the £500! Mind you, knowing the Government, they would probably pay them the £500 twice!

1 minute ago, Xela said:

A lot of vaccine centres were still shut yesterday due to the weather so hoping that is the reason. The snow has had an impact. 

The schools by me have been closed both days. Our bins were due to be emptied yesterday but the bin men weren’t working either day either.

Hopefully things return to normal tomorrow (vaccines, less so my bin).

• Like 1

Just now, Xela said:

I'd like to think they would be able to see people who had been fined and not pay them the £500! Mind you, knowing the Government, they would probably pay them the £500 twice!

Haha I know. The £500 thing wasn’t approved anyway but I could just imagine the scenario above happening.

Someone gets busted for having a party and comes out of the punishment £100 up. 

On 07/05/2020 at 16:35, Demitri_C said:

Look on youtube for a video "a plandemic film by Dr Judy Mikovits" be quick before its taken down again

Well, well, well. After everybody in the industry battered this scientist and the video was removed from all social media, looks like Fauci was heavily involved after all.

2 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

But renowned imbecile Steve Hilton and ludicrous conspiracy lunatic Maajid Nawaz, via a Newsweek article from nine months ago say there's a scandal.

I'll get right on to being outraged, just as soon as Alex Jones tells me that it's bona fide.

Do your own research man. 

• Thanks 1

I know a girl who went to hospital with appendix pain and was told it’s not appendix it was a sign of Covid. She then confirmed positive.

I had eczema as a kid but my skin has exploded, legs and arms areSeason 2 Friends GIF by The Simpsons

Supposed sign of Covid and actually studied at points during the pandemic 🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, BigJim said:

Well, well, well. After everybody in the industry battered this scientist and the video was removed from all social media, looks like Fauci was heavily involved after all.

Dont bother you just get called a conspiracy theorist

• Haha 1

I don't have any theory about a conspiracy, just interested to know which part of the following is fake news? (genuinely interested, honest).

1. The Obama administration placed a moratorium on gain-of-function research after hundreds of scientists voiced fears that accidents could lead to a pandemic?

2. Fauci authorized funding for this type of research on coronaviruses at the Wuhan Institute of Virology?

3. The current pandemic started in Wuhan?

54 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Maajid Nawaz. A man so incomprehensibly stupid, he'd been radicalised twice, in polar opposite directions. 

Goes to show, deradicalisation works. Too much in some cases. 

This is a long but fascinating interview with the CEO of Astra Zeneca done by la Repubblica today. Well worth a read in light of the shenanigans in Germany last night and the sh*tstorm in Brussels: 

Link

An exclusive interview with AstraZeneca's CEO on the accusations from Europe after the delay of Oxford vaccine supplies, some revealing details of the vaccine contracts signed by Astrazeneca with Britain and EU ("no obligations, just best effort" for the latter), why Boris Johnson's government has taken some advantage and why the one-dose strategy is the "right one"...

continued on link

Edited by Awol
  • Thanks 2

Â