Generic Virus Thread

villakram

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think the hate is fabricated- i dint think its only fauci though i think others from other powerful people are involved. Sounds a bit conspiracy so dont want to go down to deep on that

You go with all the science thats fine. Ill stick with what i read and done lots of research on this.  Bats bloody bats 😂

Why wouldn't everyone go with all the science?  That's what I don't get about all this, my mate fell into a social media rabbit hole over it and ended up in an oxygen mask at hospital.  As I understand it, it's pretty much beyond scientists to create a virus this effective at being so contagious but not too deadly that the virus itself doesn't die out quickly.  Nature is far better at it.

Edited by sharkyvilla
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, BigJim said:

Since he knew he had funded the research there then yes, he was, by refuting all possibility of a leak. But thanks for posting the research.

Again...

What Dr Fauci is quoted as sayingin the Newsweek article

Dr. Fauci did not respond to Newsweek's requests for comment. NIH responded with a statement that said in part: "Most emerging human viruses come from wildlife, and these represent a significant threat to public health and biosecurity in the US and globally, as demonstrated by the SARS epidemic of 2002-03, and the current COVID-19 pandemic.... scientific research indicates that there is no evidence that suggests the virus was created in a laboratory."

Date of article 28th April 2010. If you go to the link for the research, that was filed on 13th Feb 2020. What he said is not disingenuous. His approval for funding for research isn't that relevant. Yes he did, you don't like that the research was done, that is a fair and valid opinion but it does not connect to what he said. He said that Scientific Research indicates no evidence that the virus was created in a lab. At that point that was already known

1 hour ago, bickster said:

I'm extremely surprised you have actually found a shred of evidence to support this theory apart from the two events taking place in the same region

See what you are doing is similar logic to the following

Edinburgh is built on Basalt rock formations

Basalt Rocks are radioactive

It's dangerous living in Edinburgh because of the radioactivity

The first two statements do not add up to the third, the third is pure supposition based on no evidence at all but because you think the two are connected your brain allows you to think "it must be true"

Shit, I've been to Edinburgh..... Twice!  Should I get checked? 

54 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

i just fail to believe a virus of this scale was from bats.

I know. Next thing you know they will be claiming Bird Flu comes from.......... Birds...... OK bad example. 

They will probably try to lay the blame for aids on monkeys next. 

24 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Why wouldn't everyone go with all the science?  That's what I don't get about all this

Well, duhhh.  The "scientists" keep trying to tell us the world isn't flat as well.  I mean, **** me how can they expect to be taken seriously when they come out with shit like that. 

If scientists can show that the virus was absolutely not artificially engineered, fine.  But that of itself is NOT proof that this particular virus did not escape from the Wuhan lab or another. There are other ways mutation can be induced in the lab without genetic engineering, by passing a virus around among lab animals.  So producing a "natural" mutation under extreme conditions. If, as it appears, such experiments were going on in Wuhan with Fauci's blessing, then he absolutely knew the possibility of a leak existed. 

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Goes to show, deradicalisation works. Too much in some cases. 

The problem isn't that he is *too deradicalised*, it is that he has chosen to *re-radicalise*.

It's extremely damning that LBC keep airing him to be honest. He has never heard a Trumper or Covid conspiracy he hasn't immediately shared without a shred of evidence, and he's very lucky that he's probably too small-time for Dominion Voting Systems or whatever they're called to bother suing.

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

The problem isn't that he is *too deradicalised*, it is that he has chosen to *re-radicalise*.

It's extremely damning that LBC keep airing him to be honest. He has never heard a Trumper or Covid conspiracy he hasn't immediately shared without a shred of evidence, and he's very lucky that he's probably too small-time for Dominion Voting Systems or whatever they're called to bother suing.

The problem is he influences others that then refuse to believe anything to the contrary, and they then spread this information to family, friends and strangers on football forums. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ml1dch said:

Research:

A careful consideration of study regarding a particular concern or problem using scientific methods.

Not research:

Watching a bunch of algorithm-targeted YouTube videos because y'know, the science men are probably lying to us.

You make out as if i just watch youtube videos. A incorrect assumption on your part mate 🙂

8 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Why wouldn't everyone go with all the science?  That's what I don't get about all this, my mate fell into a social media rabbit hole over it and ended up in an oxygen mask at hospital.  As I understand it, it's pretty much beyond scientists to create a virus this effective at being so contagious but not too deadly that the virus itself doesn't die out quickly.  Nature is far better at it.

How do you/we know science didnt create the virus?

No one knows 100% we are just taking their word and research on it.

I have seen very little evidence this pandemic came from bats

We have a 8:30pm - 4:00am Curfew in place in The Netherlands.

As far as I can understand this is how it went to a certain degree over the last few days:-

Sunday Night:   Riots and looting against the Curfew

Monday Night:   Riots and looting against the Curfew

Tuesday Night:   The Football Hooligan elements per city do patrols,  hardly anything. 

(They were given the correct Orange tops by the Police so everyone knows who they are also)

51 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

We have a 8:30pm - 4:00am Curfew in place in The Netherlands.

As far as I can understand this is how it went to a certain degree over the last few days:-

Sunday Night:   Riots and looting against the Curfew

Monday Night:   Riots and looting against the Curfew

Tuesday Night:   The Football Hooligan elements per city do patrols,  hardly anything. 

(They were given the correct Orange tops by the Police so everyone knows who they are also)

So police are subbing out the security works to football hooligans? I’m sure that’ll end well...

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

How do you/we know science didnt create the virus?

No one knows 100% we are just taking their word and research on it.

I have seen very little evidence this pandemic came from bats

FFS Dem, the scientific peer reviewed paper that says it wasn't made in a Lab is a few posts up.

60% of known infectious diseases come from animals, 75% of new ones originate in other animals

Coronaviruses come from Bats, mice and domestic animals, SARS came from Bats. Some strains of Influenza A come from bats, hell even Ebola and Rabies come from Bats. What makes you think this particular Coronavirus doesn't come from Bats when it is so closely related to SARS which came from Bats. The only unknown about it's origin is how it found its way from bats to humans, the most likely current theory is via Pangolins but this has yet to be proven.

What evidence do you have that this doesn't come from Bats to counter all the scientific evidence that proves that it does?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I don’t think anybody has shared a definitive source of the virus so we’re all just speculating on the credibility the various hypotheses.

Saying that, I am more than a little bit suspicious that there is a huge virus research lab in the same city as the source. I’d be surprised if that didn’t have any part to play in this whatsoever. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

I don’t think anybody has shared a definitive source of the virus so we’re all just speculating on the credibility the various hypotheses.

Saying that, I am more than a little bit suspicious that there is a huge virus research lab in the same city as the source. I’d be surprised if that didn’t have any part to play in this whatsoever. 

The genome sequence of the virus has been shared publically, hundreds and thousands of times, no scientist disputes it's origin. It came from bats. The only people that shed any doubt on this are not scientists, they are conspiracy theorists.

• Like 3

I doubt a country (Communist especially) would risk it's very existence by messing about with things that could kill their people / nation.

It goes against what they build their countries on I think ?(Exclude NK)

+ I suppose the big deterrent is,  if anyone can prove it then surely that's a problem on a war scale.

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D

4 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I doubt a country (Communist especially) would risk it's very existence by messing about with things that could kill their people / nation.

It goes against what they build their countries on I think ?(Exclude NK)

I want to kill the workforce I am reliant on so big business can control the masses and the markets. Typical **** China. 

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

The genome sequence of the virus has been shared publically, hundreds and thousands of times, no scientist disputes it's origin. It came from bats. The only people that shed any doubt on this are not scientists, they are conspiracy theorists.

Yes, the bats part is fine. Is it impossible that the virus didn’t somehow leak out of the research facility?

I’m not saying it did, I am just keeping an open mind because of the fact there was a facility where this virus could have potentially existed as part of scientific experimentation right at the location of the outbreak. I’m certainly not suggesting it was released deliberately. 

Â