Match Thread: Villa v Watford

limpid

2 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Every time we put the ball into the box they have 6 defenders plus Foster and we have 0 strikers.

I think that's all we need to know at this stage...

Probably why they've only conceded 4 in 9 games including this one. Pity we have Terry as defensive coach

Four players in the box waiting for a cross from Grealish and all of them are within the frame of the goal. Nobody attacking from the back post or near post. That's what happens without a striker. They're all too crowded and, well, desperate. 

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Probably why they've only conceded 4 in 9 games including this one. Pity we have Terry as defensive coach

And Kelly as attacking coach. I think the guy is a cheerleader. He's a glorified Sunday league coach.

1 minute ago, KHV said:

He is clearly way out of his depth in this league

Decent in the championship/league 1 but clearly not capable at this level

If the powers that be had decided he’d have at least the full season then they should have deferred contract talks to the summer and based it on the result of the season.

It was madness giving him a new deal. Not as if a better side was about to poach him. 

• Like 1

For weeks now I have been trying to work what our actual plan is

Norwich are shite but I can at least see what Farke is trying to do

We look like a bunch of blokes straight out of the Yenton pub after a session trying to cobble something together on the day

• Like 2