Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Watford

limpid

Match Polls  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/01/20 at 23:59

I hope now this crushes Watford as they've basically got on a mad winning run, but are STILL in the relegation zone after today. Gives a sense of inevitability about it. 

Massive game against Bournemouth. And we have a striker for it! 

• Like 2

Wow! Just back because I didn’t leave on 86 minutes. What are you early leavers doing missing out on pure joy!!

Nakamba was marvellous tonight. Jack was less effective than usual but still a class above most. I thought Drinkwater was lucky to start the 2nd half. Douglas is levels above him in fitness and sharpness at the moment.

Whilst we had plenty of the ball we didn’t create many good chances and  I can’t wait to see our play develop with an actual centre forward on the pitch. That result was absolutely massive. 

• Like 1

Wow just seen Reinas save back. Thought it looked good at the time but never sure from the Holte - fantastic.

Interestingly watching him warm up he was practicing exactly that. Nyland shooting from the byline, he’d save it then turn 45 degrees and save one from straight on.

I haven’t seen a GK warm up like that before, then he repeated it in the game 🙂

• Like 1

Wow!!! My wife said “that’s the loudest goal celebration I’ve ever heard from you!”. LOVE a last minute winner! Gutted I couldn’t be there but unfortunately I can’t get a train back after midweek games (got a hotel booked for next week) - no doubt my empty seat was one of the 40k+ in the announced attendance.

Voted Douglas MOTM but could’ve given it to a few. Thought Guilbert, Targett and Nakamba were both very good today. Drinkwater was better than the last game but still isn’t match ready.

My view on the Mings ‘handball’ - it was fired at him from point blank range, surely he couldn’t avoid it hitting his hand? So nothing justified for Watford to complain about there for me. The extra 30 seconds that were added on for their time wasting on the other hand... how sweet!

Want to say I was wrong re. Reina - he’s been fantastic so far! Looking forward to getting Samatta in this team so Jack has an option at the end of his many dribbles!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Elton said:

Wow! Just back because I didn’t leave on 86 minutes. What are you early leavers doing missing out on pure joy!!

Nakamba was marvellous tonight. Jack was less effective than usual but still a class above most. I thought Drinkwater was lucky to start the 2nd half. Douglas is levels above him in fitness and sharpness at the moment.

Whilst we had plenty of the ball we didn’t create many good chances and  I can’t wait to see our play develop with an actual centre forward on the pitch. That result was absolutely massive. 

Just back !?

Just leaving the Car Park ...admittedly I’ve been sat on VT 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

I hope now this crushes Watford as they've basically got on a mad winning run, but are STILL in the relegation zone after today. Gives a sense of inevitability about it. 

Massive game against Bournemouth. And we have a striker for it! 

jack nicholson yes GIF

• Haha 1

Thought Marvelous had a good game but stand up Mr Targett you were excellent tonight.

Defensively sound and pretty much our only outball for the entire game. He was the only player to stretch Watfords back line, getting an assit too, well done sir!

Cant believe only 2 people voted him motm!

Just switched onto sky sports as Reina was launching the last free kick into the box, how can anyone question the players desire and commitment seeing their reactions to the goal ?

• Like 1

There was a real fight, desire and endevour from the boys today. Exactly what you need in a relegation scrap and something that has been lacking at times this season. Shame we had a distinct lack of quality in the final third. Hopefully the new ST will provide a little more focus in that area and give our attacking play a bit more structure. 

• Like 1

Â