Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Watford

limpid

Match Polls  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/01/20 at 23:59

1 minute ago, Vancvillan said:

To be fair most of the posts on there have been pretty balanced - and we would have been fuming if the Mings combo of foul (which could have been a straight red) and handball (unpunished) had been their player who was involved in a late winner.

I'd wager VT has a small number of reactionary dick heads (though I can't think of any specifically).

I love to be a reactionary dickhead (when we win :)).

Those players were dead on their feet at the end, you could see they were all exhausted after putting in a huge effort all game.

To score with the last kick of the game is nothing short of what they deserved. Pure elation at the end, and you could see from their celebrations how much it meant to them.

This is why we love football, nothing else in life can create such outbursts of joy as a last second winner. Made even sweeter by taking us out of the relegation zone and having the last laugh with Deeney. 

• Like 4

Can't emphasise enough how big a win that was. Massive.

Considering that Watford were second in the form table i didnt think there was much between the two teams.

Deeney gets a goal from a free header from poor marking, after that he didnt have a sniff.

Jack was Jack....superb again.

Thought Smith got the team selection wrong. Luiz should start ahead of Drinkwater for one.

Whilst clearly we lack talent in certain areas one thing that could not be faulted tonight was the passion, desire and fight from the team, particularly in the second half.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Villa really are one of the poorest sides to be in the Prem in the last decade. Grealish is the only player that has something about him, everyone else, is championship at best. Let’s be honest, Grealish wouldn’t even start for us. Deulofeu, Doucoure, Sarr. He’s not taking any of their spots. 

http://wfcforums.com/index.php?threads/aston-villa-vs-watford-fc-21-01-2020.56739/page-3

Some right angry bell ends. Lovely stuff 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CosmicVillan said:

Can't stand Pearson, comes across as a complete psycho..Well done lads putting him in his place

He’d have set the stall out for frustrating us by time wasting. Both barrels got given in 95th. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, imavillan said:

Thought Smith got the team selection wrong. Luiz should start ahead of Drinkwater for one.

Drinkwater is more disciplined in the role required. He is getting fitter each game and we need the good version of him next to Nakamba. Luiz has been brilliant impact sub. Nothing wrong with being an impact sub if benefits the team

• Like 3

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Drinkwater is more disciplined in the role required. He is getting fitter each game and we need the good version of him next to Nakamba. Luiz has been brilliant impact sub. Nothing wrong with being an impact sub if benefits the team

Did you watch the game???

Drinkwater was poor.

It should be the other way around until he builds his fitness levels up and then proves himself better than Luiz. At the moment he is miles off the pace.

• Like 1

Only got to watch the second half, but wow! What an end that was! We were so much more with it after Douglas Luiz banged the equaliser in, that’s the intensity we’ve all been craving. Reina was superb, Nakamba was up for it and Grealish kept on pushing. Three MASSIVE points, and out of the bottom three. If this doesn’t give them a boost, nothing will. 

So good to get one over Sloth Deeney, the bluenose word removed. Watford back in the drop zone, they’re a dirty bunch of rocket polishers. Feels so good, so good. 

I’m at a loss for how Sky can credit Mings with Konsa’s goal though, makes no sense to me. Oh well, we won and that’s all that matters. 

UTFV! 

Actually thought we played a pretty decent game after a shaky first 25 or so. We are just so pathetically toothless in attack. With a threat up top we would have been so much better.

Second half, after Drinky crawled off we looked clearly the better side.

Watford made a mistake as they seemed to have decided at HT to waste time and allow us to have the ball and try and counter. They became passive.

Would even stretch to say we deserved to win even thou we left it late as could be.

Nakamba, Targett, Guilbert all had good games IMO. Reina and Grealish of course and Luiz once again with a good sub appearance.

Mings had another one of his Mings moments but was mostly solid apart from that.

I say this after every game but please don't start Drinkwater next game.

44 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Amazing and so well deserved.

Let's stop the nonsense we see on here about how half our players "would struggle in the Championship." We are competing in the PL. Really competing. I think we will stay up. If you don't, that's fine, but honestly performances like that show me we have some really strong players throughout this squad.

This. And we played really well, throughout. We clearly need some crossing practice, and are missing a striker.

But we’ve got one now, let’s hope he hits the ground running..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I’m at a loss for how Sky can credit Mings with Konsa’s goal though, makes no sense to me. Oh well, we won and that’s all that matters. 

Watch it in slo mo - seems to deflect off Ming's foot as he falls and without that deflection it looks like the keeper may have it covered....just happy it went in really

I know it's only a game and all that but I actually felt drained and a tad weepy there at the final whistle. Such a huge effort by our lads. Grealish literally fell to the floor at the end. The sheer passion and joy while sweet Caroline was being belted out. Gawd I love football

Â