The Royal Family

Genie

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'm not sure the first bit is true.

I agree that the press are responding to current actions. But I think people forget why this all started. 

He felt his wife was being treated badly by his family and the national press. I don't know about you, but if my wife was being treated badly I'd want to defend her. I can only imagine what that feels like when you see the national press destroying her on a regular basis. 

Especially when your dead mother went through the same treatment. 

They want their side out there. They want to be in control of the story. 

Everything that's happened since has justified why they'd want to do it. 

Exactly. How someone can side with the British tabloid press over absolutely anyone is beyond me. It just means their (admittedly very powerful) brainwashing has worked. "It's public interest" it their BS for "let us do whatever we want to make as much as we can." Let me remind you that Piers Morgan tried to defend hacking a young dead girls voicemail as "in the public interest."

The word "Tabloid" has become second hand language for all that is trashy and bad in society - literally the very worst of us. The media that deals with stories about the Monarchy is trash - pandering to the very worst of us. Look how many millions of people fall for it.

I have nothing but sympathy for both Sussexes and to have your own family working in consort with the scummy press is unforgivable. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Exactly. How someone can side with the British tabloid press over absolutely anyone is beyond me. It just means their (admittedly very powerful) brainwashing has worked. "It's public interest" it their BS for "let us do whatever we want to make as much as we can." Let me remind you that Piers Morgan tried to defend hacking a young dead girls voicemail as "in the public interest."

The word "Tabloid" has become second hand language for all that is trashy and bad in society - literally the very worst of us. The media that deals with stories about the Monarchy is trash - pandering to the very worst of us. Look how many millions of people fall for it.

I have nothing but sympathy for both Sussexes and to have your own family working in consort with the scummy press is unforgivable. 

Nobody is siding with the British press ffs. 

• Like 1

Did we need to know he shagged some random behind a pub and took cocaine or was that just to make sure the book sells. It's obvious they wanted to sell there story to keep them in the lifestyle they are used to. I doubt we would know much if they wasn't getting paid!

Can't wait for her book, once the money runs out.

3 hours ago, tinker said:

I don't know how he holds it together, the same media that chased his mother to death is hounding and insulting his wife, our media is a disgrace. An unelected voice of the nation that fuels division and furthers the causes of big business and protects the self serving right wing idiots that have drove this country to the brink. Rant over , 😆

It just serves it's market. There is a reason why the Sun and Mail are the biggest selling papers in the UK.  Give it 20 years when most of that readership will be dead, it could change.

55 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

No, just brainwashed to hate 2 people they've never met.

To be fair, after the volume of media he’s put out there I think it’s not beyond reason to think that people might be able to have a sense of who he really is now.

I don’t count myself in that, I’ve not watched or read any of it, it doesn’t interest me enough but I think people can formulate their own opinions of him now without it being brainwashing by any particular media source.

• Haha 1

If the IMPORTANT thing is to tell his story, set the record straight, protect his wife, respond to allegations etc. Why isn't he doing it for free? 

He's just telling tittle tattle to make money.  And he's got to make it juicy to earn the big bucks. Fine, but don't try to dress it up as a crusade to get the truth out there. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sidcow said:

If the IMPORTANT thing is to tell his story, set the record straight, protect his wife, respond to allegations etc. Why isn't he doing it for free? 

He's just telling tittle tattle to make money.  And he's got to make it juicy to earn the big bucks. Fine, but don't try to dress it up as a crusade to get the truth out there. 

Why would he do it for free?

I don't get how being paid for it means its not important?

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

To be fair, after the volume of media he’s put out there I think it’s not beyond reason to think that people might be able to have a sense of who he really is now.

I don’t count myself in that, I’ve not watched or read any of it, it doesn’t interest me enough but I think people can formulate their own opinions of him now without it being brainwashing by any particular media source.

I disagree simply because it is impossible to have an opinion of anyone based on the interviews you've seen on TV.

There are plenty of famous people who are adored and funny etc on chat shows who are complete clearings in the woods off air - and vica-versa. "Formulating an opinion" of anyone based on what you see in the media is a fools errand.

I know a lot of people think they know someone who is famous because they've watched every performance/show/interview. But they don't know them. They know absolutely nothing about how they conduct themselves privately.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, sidcow said:

DCJonah said it already, but why do it for free? How much money is made from them and turning them into villains? This little foray into Netflix/books/interviews is a drop in the ocean compared to what's been written and produced the other way. Also, they have a family who'll likely need security forever. They could have done it for free, I'm not sure why they would have though, or why anyone uses that as an argument against them.

I'm getting deja vu. I think I wrote this before.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

but this happens all the time. pretty much any clickbait article out there will have comment after comment about the headline which are obvious that they have not read the article.

i would go as to far as to guess 70-80% of the people who have strong opinions of H and/or M haven't watched a minute of the interviews and are basing their hatred on the media

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I disagree simply because it is impossible to have an opinion of anyone based on the interviews you've seen on TV.

There are plenty of famous people who are adored and funny etc on chat shows who are complete clearings in the woods off air - and vica-versa. "Formulating an opinion" of anyone based on what you see in the media is a fools errand.

I know a lot of people think they know someone who is famous because they've watched every performance/show/interview. But they don't know them. They know absolutely nothing about how they conduct themselves privately.

And after they’ve read an auto-biography?

11 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Almost like a perfectly staged distraction from other important issues we should care about.

I’m not sure if it’s staged, but it’s very welcome distraction to things like the fact Scottish primary school children are not being educated today. 

Â