The Royal Family

Genie

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

I know, Twitter doesn’t seem to know. He actually slaps her hand out of the way. I wonder if he was only shaking mens hands.

He shook a woman's hand in the video.

Bet she is gutted though. Set up a recording on sky q so she could tell the grandchildren that she was at the Queen's funeral and instead she's featuring on a thread on VT where all we do is take the piss without a shred of decency. Poor woman.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, villabromsgrove said:

I give up, why do I expect decency on Villa Talk?

I remember the day of our Queen's coronation vividly, and I lived through seventy years of her dedicated service. She was a lovely lady and all you lot can do is take the piss. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

I share your allegiance to the club but I wouldn't want to have a drink with a lot of you. I think some of you need to take a long hard look at your keyboard alter egos!

You'd be hard pushed today, they're all shut

Not watched a minute of it. Literally, not even a second. Those who watched it and like this sort of stuff, hope you enjoyed it.

Just realised with all this going on, we’ve just gone past the 50th anniversary of the death of Prince William (not that one) in that plane crash. Those old enough will remember it well I’m sure, but it was relatively local, just over in Bobbington, Staffordshire. 

Can’t say I remember seeing any acknowledgment of it before all this Queen stuff, but then I wasn’t actively looking out for it. Seems like the sort of thing broadcasters would have been all over.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, phily85 said:

Was cutting the grass earlier had a bit of an argument with an overly aggressive neighbour, who marched over to tell me how disrespectful I was being doing it today, after everything she did for us.

Couldnt help myself I've heard this stated quite a lot so I asked him to name 2 things she has done for us. He soon walked off.

Just finish this by saying I have no problem with any of it you want to spend the day mourning or playing with yourself its up to you but we dont live in north korea

I did my gardens earlier, I think I was the only one. I was waiting for a few neighbours to say summat but I must have looked scary 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I went to the pub today … having walked past the previous one because it was a too crowded at the bar  

6 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Each to their own but to deliberately mow the lawn today in the hope that someone comes over so you can have a row with them seems a waste of a day if you ask me ..

Unless I’ve missed something that doesn’t appear to have happened. Neither poster said that they cut the grass in the hope it would provoke someone.

Maybe it just needed doing and the garden waste bin is being collected tomorrow?

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Not watched a minute of it. Literally, not even a second. Those who watched it and like this sort of stuff, hope you enjoyed it.

The procession from Westminster to Marble Arch was pretty spectacular  to watch even if you have zero interest or like of the royal family , imho of course 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

I think this country will need to rethink what it is - brand GB has had the queen front and centre forever. Can't say we'll just swap in Charles, he has lived an entirely different life to Liz. 

He’s the perfect King for the country right now. Fancy a title? Few bags of cash should sort it

7 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

The procession from Westminster to Marble Arch was pretty spectacular  to watch even if you have zero interest or like of the royal family , imho of course 

It was a fantastic spectacle from start to finish. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I was in Ross on Wye for a covid booster and flu jab first thing, and the pubs were already open, and then back to Ledbury by 10.15am to grab a coffee before the shop closed at 11am. there was a great selection of pubs open, and advertising that they were showing the Queen's funeral on TV.

Instead of going inside the Seven Stars I stood in bright sunshine in front of the Tudor Market House, and looked up and down Ledbury's idyllic high street and said a simple prayer to the Queen. " God bless and thank you for your service. You're being remembered in grand churches and big cities, but this is your real England, your real UK".

I got home at 10.45am in good time for the funeral and looked out over a sunlight Malvern Hills. I thought of the Queen's duty and decency and resolved to try harder myself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

It was a fantastic spectacle from start to finish. 

You've gotta respect who took part. Absolutely impeccable not a mistake or problem anywhere. 

One thing I heard said was, "Most practice until they get it right, we practice until we never get it wrong.!

Â