The Royal Family

Genie

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

That’s great news, where is communicated? Hopefully junior leagues go ahead too.

both my lads have their first games of the season on Sunday so I hope so, especially if the Villa gets called off 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Yeh it's absolutely insane. People can't afford to heat their homes but let's spend 1bn on changing the currency so it has a different face on it, we only just got these new plastic ones too. Just put pictures of cats and dogs on them so we don't have to change them again.

Surely it wouldn't cost that much if they just phase out old money. That process happens all the time, and they would just need to change the print heads/ stamping heads?

9 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

My local team's twitter but they could have just jumped the gun I guess.

My local team have advertised tickets to their game tomorrow 2 hours ago so they seem to be expecting it to go ahead.

4 minutes ago, Chindie said:

seems to be suggesting we'll get a day off if possible.

Same. They've said there's likely to be a bank holiday.

Apparently it's going to be extending to 12 days of mourning with the funeral (and therefore the bank holiday) on the monday

9 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Surely it wouldn't cost that much if they just phase out old money. That process happens all the time, and they would just need to change the print heads/ stamping heads?

Tried to find a full breakdown of it but can't. That could be the cost across all of the commonwealth and it will take a couple of years but the expense of these things always blows my mind. 

8 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Genuine questions from an outsider, for those who do not like the monarchy. Why do y’all want to rid yourselves of the monarchy? What are the positives of changing to a republic that you don’t get with a monarchy? What is wrong with the monarchy staying intact since it is mostly a ceremonial post at this point?

It’s only representative of a small part of Britain . Don’t get my wrong my condolences go the family as would to any other family suffering a loss of a loved one.

Edited by gwi1890
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Correct .

You didn't even know about these protocols until yesterday . You haven't read them yet somehow you think you know more about them than everyone . 

The only claim i ever made yesterday was that they delayed the announcement.   And they did.

You said you believed she died in the early hours. That’s conspiracy.

If someone asks “why would they lie?” It doesn’t mean they don’t believe they would lie. It’s a genuine question, if the Royal family have gone to the trouble of creating an elaborate alternative timeline events events then it’s a fair question. A turn of events that excluded her nearest family from being at her side then it’s a fair to ask with an open mind, What’s the benefit? Someone who strongly believes history was altered should have a good inclination what the benefit would be.

I have been aware of the protocols and read them. There is nothing in them about an alternative sequence of events that would be instigated or the reasons for doing it. 

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

Good luck on that, I turned on Talk Sport hoping to listen to Trevor Sinclair being kicked to the curb but all I have got is that posh fella who is one of us and that mucky female jockey who did a video of her fiddling with herself  (worth a look by the way) and that weazel Carson talking about bloody horse racing and the Queens involvement etc

A mate was asking who you are talking about?

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think notes get changed, coins will just naturally change over time. I think Shillings were legal tender for years after decimalisation for example.

Absolutely.  Decimalisation came in the year I was born but I can remember as a lad regularly using shillings instead of 5p

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

Addressing the SInclair tweet in next few mins on the Jim White show 

image.jpeg.197ee3b6cd370409c7169d80af1ef28e.jpeg

I love Bill Hader and just listened to podcast voiced by Keith Morrison then rewatched this skit then the video of him meeting Keith Morrison. Gold

Â