Match Thread: Villa v Southampton

limpid

1 minute ago, Ponky said:

Playing like a bunch of **** cowards. Ni heart, no courage, just playing hot potato. This is about as bad as it gets for us. 

Get Hourihane off, Trez on and put Grealish in the bloody middle! 

Powder puff coach and you get a powder puff team

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Point of order, he scored 2. The other was Harry Kane's.

If it wasn’t a Hattrick then it’s a case of 1mm away from his boot stud. The way he celebrated immediately leaves me to think he touched it, but it’s old news now anyway.

• Like 1

Even thou we've already been forced to make a sub I hope he doesn't wait until the 70-80th minute to make subs because this is clearly not working.

Don't really care what he does, just do something. Move Grealish to the middle again, Heaton as sweeper-keeper, Chris Samba as striker, the Tim Sherwood high defensive line  2-7-1 formation...

Edited by sne
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

This is the danger, players see situation like Wesley starting every game despite being poor and it isn’t much of an incentive for them to bust their guts.

Wesley should have been rotated weeks ago. The damage is done and it’s contagious.

I love the extreme creativity and ambition of some.

All roads lead to Wesley.... lol

1 minute ago, sne said:

Even thou we've already been forced to make a sub I hope he doesn't wait until the 70-80th minute to make subs because this is clearly not working.

Don't really care what he does, just do something. Move Grealish to the middle again, Heaton as sweeper-keeper, Chris Samba as striker, the Tim Sherwood high defensive line  2-7-1 formation...

I fully expect us to come out unchanged. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Everyone was trash. Don't blame this shit on Wesley, everyone has been trash.

We’ve been poor all over the pitch but I think much of it stems from the fact that we carry no threat up front. 

Just saw the first half highlights and Wesley is just a spectator whenever the ball goes into the box

I'm beginning to think the players are getting pissed of Smith still playing Wesley. I know it was the kids but they all looked like they were having a good time against Liverplop with Kodja firing them in.

Dare I say they are starting to play like a team who have lost the respect fr the manager.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Robtaylor200 said:

we all seem to have different ideas about who to take off and who to bring on

However we do all agree Jack needs to be in the middle as he is completely wasted out on the wing 

If only it was that simple. Moving Grealish on the flank is pretty much the only thing that has worked for us this season.

I wouldn't mind if he was back centrally but it's the lack of quality around him that is holding is back. 

2 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Can't wait for all the comments when we come back to win 3-2 

😜

UTV 

Why?

People not allowed to say first half has been poor on the off chance we score in the second half? 🤔
This is one of the things that piss me off about our supporters. It’s always “where are the people complaining” as soon as something good happens. Just enjoy it without digging at fellow supporters.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1