Match Thread: Sheff Utd v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

We are still nowhere near as bad as Watford 

We are not the worst team in the league

We have not been relegated yet

Its not loyalty or even overly positive to suggest that things are shit but we might be ok this season, there's a long long way to go yet

I totally agree, we are not relegated yet. But we are playing the football of a team that will get relegated.

6 minutes ago, jim said:

If we are in the bottom 3 3rd Jan. Smith needs to go.

Give ourselves a fighting chance.

fully agree with the frustration behind this.  fully disagree with what I think is a significant overreaction.  

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

You are a very loyal fan, I respect that, but we have been embarassing tonight, and it's been building for weeks now....

We've been poor today and had a naive game against leicester and struggled against chelsea. Other than that we've competed well. When this squad of 12 arrived in July, and we had to invest to have a team, did you, and anyone else think we were going to have it all our own way, never play poorly for a a few weeks in a row, never struggle at any point? We finished 5th in the championship last year. We can play much better than we have done today, and I expect us to improve in subsequent weeks. We do need to play much better than this, but it also is not a big surprise that it will happen either

Just now, Davkaus said:

What the **** is Grealish doing.

Mentally weak tbh, not having Mings out there really shows how lacking in leadership we are elsewhere.

Jack's no more a captain. Sorry but has to be said. Weird move. Always thought it.

1 minute ago, andym said:

The away performances have been a disgrace all season

Players simply not prepared to put in the effort needed to grind out results away from home, and yet no one is held to account

I am surprised, so many fans are surprised......You have to have defensive qualities in this league to survive.....we have flaws in Defence, in midifeld and up front......We have gone from a defensive, cautious team to an all out attacking team and nothing in the middle.

Sheff Utd are a perfect epitome of what we should have done........We are like a starving man, who has just gorged himself on food.

The failure to stop opponents has been rife in many games this season and allied to having a striker that is getting worse, the attacking prowess has now dried up.....we have a midfielder who has gone in form terms and our talisman defender with a long lay off.

We are in big trouble.....We will now see the quality of our manager to deal with difficult situations......its all been rosey for so long.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

The same fans who knew for a fact that we wouldn’t even make the playoffs. Anyone who suggested such a thing was ridiculed early last year. But they know best....

Oh yeah. We just about made the play offs so cant expect us to do well after 100 million spent too??

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

Think Smith is out of his depth here. Really do. I think their is cliques within the dressing room. Mings and Grealish walk around like they own the place. He's fostered that culture has Smith. He's not a big presence as a head coach. Sheff utd, Burnley and Nuno at Wolves who have better players than us but play without ego. Nobody above work.

This is not true

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

We are still nowhere near as bad as Watford 

We are not the worst team in the league

We have not been relegated yet

Its not loyalty or even overly positive to suggest that things are shit but we might be ok this season, there's a long long way to go yet

You say not as bad as Watford, but we probably won’t get anything down there