Match Thread: Sheff Utd v Villa

limpid

Just now, pacbuddies said:

A failure to buy a decent striker in the summer shows how naive Smith is. Giving Smith a contract extension when we are hovering above the relegation shows how naive our owners are. We are in a relegation fight and it will take a miracle to get out of it.

....got lucky with DS - remember who else these guys had lined up as manager.

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

We're really not

Says more about the PL than us though

You are a very loyal fan, I respect that, but we have been embarassing tonight, and it's been building for weeks now....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

A failure to buy a decent striker in the summer shows how naive Smith is. Giving Smith a contract extension when we are hovering above the relegation shows how naive our owners are. We are in a relegation fight and it will take a miracle to get out of it.

Smith doesn't bring the signings in.

Just now, Villan_of_oz said:

You are a very loyal fan, I respect that, but we have been embarassing tonight, and it's been building for weeks now....

We are still nowhere near as bad as Watford 

We are not the worst team in the league

We have not been relegated yet

Its not loyalty or even overly positive to suggest that things are shit but we might be ok this season, there's a long long way to go yet

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pacbuddies said:

It’ll take 3-4 good results to get well clear of it. Not easy but very doable. 

These same players were like a different team earlier in the season. They can do it, question is why they aren’t doing it now? 

• Like 2

Just now, villa4europe said:

Exactly this

Our fans have relegated us long before our team has

So **** negative 

The same fans who knew for a fact that we wouldn’t even make the playoffs. Anyone who suggested such a thing was ridiculed early last year. But they know best....

• Like 1

connor should be play in McGinn Indeed and we will better in attack solution and phase, and set piece even pen taker to rest Mcginn.

why Smith drop him? and what he did wrong, as he drop cos against strong team and would bring back vs like sheffield would solve 1 of 2 problem.

2nd problem is Wesley!  I can't say anymore as i keep negative about him. 

so today is Smith's fault

Roll to next games (Hope 2 goals with before full time no chance but who know)

Edited by Danny_Villaman84

Think Smith is out of his depth here. Really do. I think their is cliques within the dressing room. Mings and Grealish walk around like they own the place. He's fostered that culture has Smith. He's not a big presence as a head coach. Sheff utd, Burnley and Nuno at Wolves who have better players than us but play without ego. Nobody above work.

• Like 2