Pre-Match thread (Cup Final 13 of 38)

zab6359

On 13/11/2019 at 09:23, villalad21 said:

Because a loss would be an absolute disaster. Chelsea, Man Utd and Leicester are up next.

Lose to Newcastle and we certainly will be in the bottom 3 in Christmas.

Brace yourself.

they talk about Wes.

we haven't got the quality of winger to play 4-3-3...can't see a way out.

7 hours ago, smg said:

Perhaps we should give our young players more time to develop instead of writing them off too early because they didn’t set the world on fire in their first season.

You’ll be lucky 🙂

I maintain every single bit of fear, wailing, gnashing of teeth, bemoaning of our “ weaknesses”, and panic because someone who got promoted with us has a few more points than we do....

...will look like so much wasted energy once we are half way through the season.

We are still at the foreplay stage....

...But that won’t stop those who suffer from premature expectation...🙂.

I am confident we will win well tonight, but whether we do or not, I am certain we will finish above Newcastle.

Not that it matters, anymore than what Sheffield are ( currently) doing.

We have only 2 requirements, a point per game on average , and for three sides to get less.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

We've lost 3 on the bounce. I have forgot the winning feeling.

It's hard for me to feel confident at the minute.

Well you seem intent on making it hard for yourself by misrepresenting our results.

We haven’t lost 3 on the bounce, we had that winning feeling 3 games ago in the Cup.

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

You were moaning even when we won IIRC. 

Hope that helps.

Anyway, I don't want to say what I think for tempting fate reasons, so I think villalad21 is right, we are doomed, it's all terrible, there is no hope.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Maximin vs Targett won't be pretty

Here we go another young full back being slaughtered for no real reason other than Traore gave him a hard time before his injury.. The United young full back was shite for most of yesterday (except for his goal) but I suspect he gets an easier ride than Targett will if he is anything less than perfect tonight.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smg said:

Here we go another young full back being slaughtered for no real reason other than Traore gave him a hard time before his injury.. The United young full back was shite for most of yesterday (except for his goal) but I suspect he gets an easier ride than Targett will if he is anything less than perfect tonight.

He's 24 years old. Hardly young for a footballer.

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

From the Newcastle reddit thread

"F***the Villa scum as well."

Didn't realize they were so fond of us.

You must have missed that bit at the end of the 2009 season where we relegated them. Who were you supporting back then?

Footballers develop at different rates 24 is young  Enda Stevens was oustanding yesterday for SheffUtd at the age of 29. He was at Villa between the ages of 22-25 and was generally regarded as inadequate by most supporters something has clearly developed in the last 4 years.

Not only is this a must win game because of our league position and up and coming games but for me it's a must win game because my two brothers are Newcastle fans and they are **** unbearable when ever Newcastle beat the Villa! Please please win villa 

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Yeah but against 1st, 3rd and 5th

Newcastle are ranked 20th is almost every analytical statistic, they have a front 3 who have scored 1 goal between them all season. They are bottom of chances created, possession, shots on target etc... typically what you'd expect from a Bruce side, but luckily scored from a few free kicks and corners. Nothing to fear tonight.

• Like 1