Pre-Match thread (Cup Final 13 of 38)

zab6359

Aston Villa 4-1 Newcastle 

Grealish, Wesley, McGinn x 2

Dwight Gayle gets sent off. 

Steve Bruce gives a post match interview referencing the following: 

No easy games in the big league, dust worselves down, roll wor sleeves up, we gave it our best shot, fans need to be realistic with their expectations, no point checking the table til the daffodils are sprouting etc... 

Deano complains that we didn’t take enough chances and should have scored 8. 

If you could see to this happening, Villa, I’ll be most grateful. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Hornso said:

Somewhat Regular Premier League Tidbits

We've played Newcastle 44 times in the Premier League for a record of 8 wins, 14 draws & 22 defeats, scoring 0.886 GPG and conceding 1.455 GPG with an average of 0.864 points per game.

Last time we defeated them at Villa Park was back in 2010/11 when we won 1-0 thanks to a James Collins header. A game so unremarkable I looked for 5 minutes and couldn't find YouTube highlights. This capped off a streak of 4 straight Premier League victories against them at Villa Park (1-0, 1-0, 4-1, 2-0). However, apart from this little streak our record against them is **** atrocious. 

Didn't realise our record v them at VP is so poor in recent times.

Our record at St James is historically bad, one win there since 1999 or something mad. Bizarre when our records just down the road at Sunderland and Boro are fantastic.

Anyone remember this game? Not a day to remember really, I think was the biggest defeat I’d seen us take at that point. I remember thinking Andy Cole was a bit special. And Stefan Beinlich scored a rare goal for us. 

https://www.skysports.com/football/newcastle-vs-a-villa/276096

Come On Villa...a must-win and season-defining match if ever there was one!

Please, PLEASE Villa Brothers and Sisters make this one amazing atmosphere at the ground so I can hear you on the TV. Remember some of us aren't as lucky to get season tickets or visit regularly for many reasons (I live too far away).

UTV

My team for this one, assuming the injuries have all healed. 

Heaton     

Guilbert.         Engles           Mings        Targett 

Nakamba

McGinn                Hourihane

Trezeguet                                        Grealish

Wesley 

I think this is what we’ll see Smith pick too.

• Like 4