Pre-Match thread (Cup Final 13 of 38)

zab6359

1 minute ago, kiltorken said:

Can understand Hourihane coming in for marvelous knowing how Newcastle will probably set up. Bit surprised el Ghazi is stating ahead of Trez though, thought he's looked good in the last few games. 

He has, but El Ghazi has looked better to be honest. He's the better pick for home games as well while Trezeguet is better for tricky away games.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, privateer said:

I think we should and think we will, too.

If we aren't beating these teams, relegation candidates, we've got a problem.

I honestly think we will go down if we lose tonight. Can't afford to lose at home to the likes of these.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

No Nakamba is very worrying. He is our only physical presence in the centre of the park. They could well dominate that area without him!

Depends if Bruce has figured out Willems is a central midfielder yet or not.

Like that side a lot. Be good for Tyrone & Konsa to build up a partnership and understanding with a few consecutive games together. 3 good center halves who know each others game will benefit us as the season progresses. Injuries at the back are always inevitable.

Jack and SJM have good games- we win.

2-1 Villa I reckon. 

Just now, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Like that side a lot. Be good for Tyrone & Konsa to build up a partnership and understanding with a few consecutive games together. 3 good center halves who know each others game will benefit us as the season progresses. Injuries at the back are always inevitable.

Jack and SJM have good games- we win.

2-1 Villa I reckon. 

It's fully balls out, home game, under the lights, isn't it? Full blooded, charging at them, dander up, marvellous, smell of the grass, jumpers for goal posts, isn't it, hmmm? marvellous.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

It's fully balls out, home game, under the lights, isn't it? Full blooded, charging at them, dander up, marvellous, smell of the grass, jumpers for goal posts, isn't it, hmmm? marvellous.

Not marvelous, Douglas.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

He must have taken a knock or jaded from travels. Otherwise he starts.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Doubt he’s been dropped.  He withdrew from the Wales squad last week for personal reasons, so perhaps he still not mentally right for football at present? 

At present? Well, I suppose every current second is "the present" and is perpetual and was when it was the present in the past.

So yeah, at present. :lol: