The Hung Like a Donkey General Election December 2019 Thread

Jareth

Which Cunch of Bunts are you voting for?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cunch of Bunts Gets Your Hard Fought Cross

• The Evil Abusers Of The Working Man Dark Blue Team
    • The Hopelessly Divided Unicorn Chasing Red Team
    • The Couldn't Trust Them Even You Wanted To Yellow Team
    • The Demagogue Worshiping Light Blue Corportation
    • The Hippy Drippy Green Team
    • One of the Parties In The Occupied Territories That Hates England
    • I Live In Northern Ireland And My Choice Is Dictated By The Leader Of A Cult
    • I'm Out There And Found Someone Else To Vote For

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 23:00

Johnson contradicts himself over Russian meddling

“There’s absolutely no evidence that I’ve ever seen of any Russian interference in UK democratic processes”

That was Boris Johnson’s claim today in response to a question from a member of the public about why his government have delayed publication of a parliamentary report into Russian interference in the 2016 referendum.

He repeated the claim just seconds later. You can watch the full clip here.

But in December 2017, Mr Johnson revealed that he had in fact seen evidence of Russian interference in UK democratic processes.

Mr Johnson has found himself today using a form of words that he felt compelled to correct when the Russian Foreign Minister used it just two years ago.

4 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

You might have to expand on that. It's not "done" whoever wins the election. 

It's different levels of "not done", but it's going to dominate the next ten years of political discourse, irrespective of who forms the next Government. 

Ok fair enough. I just think we are leaving the EU one way or another. I voted remain but accept we now have to leave....and I believe we will.

Not being able to get a knee or hip replacement or pain killing treatment s on the NHS is a massive issue. I have had some of those treatment s in the past and they have improved my life greatly. I couldn't afford to fund them privately - a life of pain or opoid addiction is a lot grimmer prospect as to whether or not we are in the EU.

15 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Live audiences should not exist. That 'debate' was absolute appalling. At times it was like the set for Seinfeld, at other times it was like a **** football match. They need to **** off with this format.

Agree, it adds nothing to have such partisan nonsense from the audience. 

57 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Surprised not much take of Lib Dem’s manifesto on here. Nothing of interest?

As previously explained. They only have one policy of any consequence. Their fate is that of possible kingmakers in any govt of national unity (I really cannot see a formal coalition) and the only thing people need and want to know is their Brexit position. It's the one policy they have that is a red line

If the Tories don't get an overall majority, the next government will not last that long, It will attempt to ditch Brexit, probably by a referendum and once that is achieved we'll be back to square one and back to the people. Thats when you'll need to hear about their other policies, no-one gives a shit about the rest right now

1 minute ago, bickster said:

As previously explained. They only have one policy of any consequence. Their fate is that of possible kingmakers in any govt of national unity (I really cannot see a formal coalition) and the only thing people need and want to know is their Brexit position. It's the one policy they have that is a red line. 

Legalising cannabis and taxing it seems to have slipped by unnoticed. 

Just now, mjmooney said:

Legalising cannabis and taxing it seems to have slipped by unnoticed. 

Hardly a vote winner. Legalising it would be popular amongst quite a big demographic but also saying they'll tax it would instantly get peoples backs up (even though this is an obvious step of any government that did legalise it!)

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Surprised not much take of Lib Dem’s manifesto on here. Nothing of interest?

We have quite a right option - and quite a left wing option - I think the centre ground is pretty bland by comparison.

I voted remain - but don't believe at this stage you can just opt out of Brexit. I think we are too far down the line now.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hippo said:

I voted remain - but don't believe at this stage you can just opt out of Brexit. I think we are too far down the line now

This makes no logical sense.

Why can't a more informed country change its mind?