The Hung Like a Donkey General Election December 2019 Thread

Jareth

Which Cunch of Bunts are you voting for?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cunch of Bunts Gets Your Hard Fought Cross

• The Evil Abusers Of The Working Man Dark Blue Team
    • The Hopelessly Divided Unicorn Chasing Red Team
    • The Couldn't Trust Them Even You Wanted To Yellow Team
    • The Demagogue Worshiping Light Blue Corportation
    • The Hippy Drippy Green Team
    • One of the Parties In The Occupied Territories That Hates England
    • I Live In Northern Ireland And My Choice Is Dictated By The Leader Of A Cult
    • I'm Out There And Found Someone Else To Vote For

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 23:00

51 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

You made a false claim in your initial post. And again, not sure how he's lying. It's a manifesto pledge, in the hypothetical situation in which Labour get into Government.

Corbyn has enough faults and things to criticise without making things up.

It's a lie stefan come on mate you really think he can deliver free internet/wifi to everyone in the UK? 

Whether it was said during the debate or the day before it's irrelevant. Its funny your concentrating on that part of my post but not answering the question I directed at you how he intends to pay for this when we all know it's utter garbage and a complete lie.

But at the same time it's ok it's not a lie it's in the manfiesto but it's okay for anything written in a  conservative manifesto is a lie.

Funny that.

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

(it certainly will be if everybody has free-at-the-point-of-use broadband

Just add it to the list of reasons why Free Broadbrand with every box of Coco Pops is a bad idea

Government running the Internet is a HUGELY BAD IDEA

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

It's a lie stefan come on mate you really think he can deliver free internet/wifi to everyone in the UK? 

Whether it was said during the debate or the day before it's irrelevant. Its funny your concentrating on that part of my post but not answering the question I directed at you how he intends to pay for this when we all know it's utter garbage and a complete lie.

But at the same time it's ok it's not a lie it's in the manfiesto but it's okay for anything written in a  conservative manifesto is a lie.

Funny that.

I'm totally lost.

Whatever.

38 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Well, the way legislatures work is that if you win a majority of seats in them, you can get legislation passed. So if Labour won a majority of seats, then they would seek to implement the promises made in their manifesto. This is what all parties do. 

I know the process but again I stress they won't be able to deliver this knwoing that so its a lie. Whether it needs to "pass legistlation" or not 

2 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

Nope.

As for free broadband, I'm torn. As somebody who has worked with local (specifically small) businesses, one of the big expenses is that of phones and broadband. So removing that would benefit business, and providing a reliable fibre system for free also helps with productivity. 

Would business get free BB also? I could understand the argument for personal use.

21 minutes ago, bobzy said:

You’re lying and apparently don’t like liars. Phenomenal stuff. 

Lying? Lying or making a false claim?

Your post is utter pathetic accusing me of lying. You should be ashamed of yourself with bullying posts like this.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Would business get free BB also? I could understand the argument for personal use.

Honestly, mate, I don't know.

I'm not really convinced by it - the only positives for me as that I know it'd benefit small to medium businesses. I'm not totally keen on "the internet" being run by or owned by the government. Even if Labour are safe, what if the Tories get in?

I'm really not sure about this policy. 

I can't really argue for it because I have massive doubts, even if I see some benefits.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

How would you be able to make a false claim without lying?

Thats just spin.

Heres what happened Dem.

You said Corbyn mentioned free broadband in the debate

Fact is he didn't

You then double downed on it saying that didn't matter, when it clearly does to the original post

It's straight out of the Trump playbook tbh

Is it that hard to admit you were wrong. It's not even like the people telling you this are supporters of Corbyn because they clearly aren't

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Your post is utter pathetic accusing me of lying. You should be ashamed of yourself with bullying posts like this.

What are you on about? 

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

Thats just spin.

Heres what happened Dem.

Fact is he didn't

You then double downed on it saying that didn't matter, when it clearly does to the original post

Is it that hard to admit you were wrong. It's not even like the people telling you this are supporters of Corbyn because they clearly aren't

To be fair to him, he said

'Just watched the debate two complete utter incompetent liars. Boris diving from privatizing the nhs and Corbyn with his lies about providing free broadband to all.'

So he watched the debate and thinks they are liars. Full stop. 

He did not say Corbyn discussed free broadband on the debate or that he based his opinion on Boris being liar based on that debate. 

Although judging by the way it is presented, its a natural logical assumption. 

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Thats just spin.

Heres what happened Dem.

Fact is he didn't

Sigh I'm out of here this site is just not right . Standing up for someone who has accused me of being a liar for my mistake for is me unacceptable. Then comparing me to someone like trump?? Utterly disgusting

I'm shocked you haven't stood up for this as a moderator. I made a mistake like so many others have in many posts yet they are not called liars and then defended for it.

I'm leaving this place you can't have a opinion and this is straight up bullying I don't need it in my life. 

Goodbye villatalk it's been fun made some great friends here but I can't stay on this site while this continues to happen and people are belittled and bullied by some people for having a different opinion to them.

I wish you all well even those who seem to have a problem with me and my views. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I know the process but again I stress they won't be able to deliver this knwoing that so its a lie. Whether it needs to "pass legistlation" or not 

I have given you multiple opportunities to explain why a hypothetical Labour majority would 'not be able to deliver this'. Please explain *how*, rather than simply asserting it. Otherwise I'm not interested in pursuing this conversation any further.

19 minutes ago, bickster said:

By making a mistake.  It's quite possible to believe something that is false and to make a claim on that basis (this thread contains multiple examples).  Lying is making a claim you know to be false.

• Like 2

Just now, peterms said:

By making a mistake.  It's quite possible to believe something that is false and to make a claim on that basis (this thread contains multiple examples).  Lying is making a claim you know to be false.

Agreed.

But then if you don't retract that false claim and double down, then you're willingly lying.

Dont get politics at all however, have Labour costed up all of this stuff and do they have a sensible plan without plunging the Nation into further debt? There  seems to be a lot of giving stuff away and more money to everyone with not much downside?Not having a pop at JC i am just genuinely interested in a simple breakdown that a layman could understand