The Hung Like a Donkey General Election December 2019 Thread

Jareth

Which Cunch of Bunts are you voting for?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cunch of Bunts Gets Your Hard Fought Cross

• The Evil Abusers Of The Working Man Dark Blue Team
    • The Hopelessly Divided Unicorn Chasing Red Team
    • The Couldn't Trust Them Even You Wanted To Yellow Team
    • The Demagogue Worshiping Light Blue Corportation
    • The Hippy Drippy Green Team
    • One of the Parties In The Occupied Territories That Hates England
    • I Live In Northern Ireland And My Choice Is Dictated By The Leader Of A Cult
    • I'm Out There And Found Someone Else To Vote For

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 23:00

15 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

have you just found the one week where the conservatives happened to receive more?

I imagine that he's just posted the story today for the third weekly pre-poll report because that appears to be the most recently published report which has just been published today.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

The Lib Dems flip flopping to be now only in favour of a second referendum just means to me there is no reason* to not vote Labour their policies are a lot better for me and my family.

You should still just vote for whichever of the two is more likely to beat the Conservative candidate in your constituency.

That is true today and was true on the day the election was called.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

have you got the figures from the week(s) before or the week after or have you just found the one week where the conservatives happened to receive more?

nvm just checked myself.

Week 1 Con 5.6 mil - Lab £218k

Week 2 Con 2.9 mil - Lab £3.5 mil

Looks like the unions are saving their cash for the month long train strikes

What @snowychap said, those figures were announced today, thought I would share.

As your own figures show, whilst Labour have at other times substantial funds, so have the Tories. These aren’t just one off figures.

13 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

What @snowychap said, those figures were announced today, thought I would share.

As your own figures show, whilst Labour have at other times substantial funds, so have the Tories. These aren’t just one off figures.

yep, I imagine that 5.4 million quid difference in week one would make a bit of a difference ;)

If you want to see the other parties in week one/two just goto your original link and change the word "third" to first / second in the url, the rest of it is identical

2 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

yep, I imagine that 5.4 million quid difference in week one would make a bit of a difference ;)

If you want to see the other parties in week one/two just goto your original link and change the word "third" to first / second in the url, the rest of it is identical

Thanks. That’s why I appreciated your first post on this. 
To be honest I wasn’t wanting to go beyond what I originally posted, i.e a big donation for the last week of campaigning for the Tories, but you know, internet ;) 

I read an interesting article that chimed in with something I was thinking about myself. The idea that election campaigns are largely pointless because the only people who pay attention to things like the ‘gaffs’ or the interview’s or the debates are people who actively follow politics and those people already know which ‘team’ they are voting for. The ‘average voter’ only pays attention at a very superficial level and most of this stuff passes them by. 

The article suggests it is actually changing demographics, not political campaigns, that decide elections (namely progressive young people typically moving to to the city, leaving conservative older voters in the countryside constituencies).

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/dec/05/leaflets-election-campaigning

What is the point of political campaigning? It’s bordering on heresy even to ask this question, let alone to suggest that six manic weeks of battle buses and TV debates and leaflets destined only for the recycling bin might not be worth the millions they cost. So we political junkies carry on parsing every throwaway remark for meaning, obsessing over every stunt and gaffe, searching for that one mythical moment that will in retrospect seem to have changed everything. If nothing else, it’s comforting to think there must be some kind of logic to it.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Dominic Cummings misses point, its not about engaging, its about being held to account. If he is scared of 30 minutes with an interviewer how the hell can he stand up to world leaders.

FTFY

Also, if he hates interviews, why has he been doing a lot of other interviews? 

Edited by cyrusr
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Senior Con Source misses point, its not about engaging, its about being held to account. If he is scared of 30 minutes with an interviewer how the hell can he stand up to world leaders.

He didn't miss the point. It's deliberately insincere.

The public are fed up with interviews that are all about the interviewer and endless interruptions. 

Whilst i agree with this particular line  , even the Corbyn car crash had me saying "ffs let him answer the question"  ...they should have said this from the off and not after it looked as though Johnson might get given a hard time  ,

• Like 1