Cameron Archer

Zatman

35 minutes ago, useless said:

He and Ramsey eligible for Jamaica, Ramsey will probably get full England soon, but Archer won't be close yet, and Southgate won't call him up just to lock him into England, wouldn't even do that with Balogun or Musiala, and don't think is going to with Olise either, so won't happen for Archer, so can see Jamaica making a strong push for him in the next year or two.

Southgate did try with Muisala but he was set on Germany. 
I think Jamaica would be good for Archer, unless he has a couple of seasons of scoring 15+ he won’t get a look in at England 

2 hours ago, useless said:

Musiala lived most of his live in England, spent most of his youth career at Chelsea, and made over twenty appearances for England youth teams, I think there's a good chance if England had have offered him a senior call-up he would have accepted, but Germany made him feel more wanted by giving him a senior call-up, in a situation like his where he has allegiance to both then going to go for the one that shows the most faith in him.

Germany basically capped him to tie him to them, England apparently have a policy against giving players caps just so they can't play for other countries, some agree some don't.

I've no idea if Jamaica would be of interest to Archer specifically, but with World Cup expansion seems they're going to go on big recruiment drive now to attract some of the dual qualifieds.

So how did Hudson Odoi start for England before he’d even started a league game for Chelsea 

One for the older members on VT

Do you think Cameron Archer plays in a similar way that John Deehan did for us?

I hope that he get his chance but UE knows better than us...

• Like 1

I think the biggest worry for Unai is if Cam can do the hold up and occupation part of the game - especially centrally. 

When I watched Boro, Cam could do okay hanging off the left and holding up the ball that way but struggled getting it to stick centrally. 

Cam is the more natural finisher but Ollie’s underrated at gaining territory and linking up under pressure. 

Considering a lot of Unai’s system will be baiting the opponent and then winning duels 1v1 with strikers, I think that’s the part Cam has to develop the most. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I generally hope he can impress Emery in this preseason.

Generally or genuinely? 🤔

Obviously back early to try and stake his claim and be involved in the US tour. 

• Like 1

Was always going to be feeding off scraps coming on when the likes of Buendia and McGinn were off the pitch and the game lost a wee bit of us fluency. We really need to see what he does in front of a full strength XI

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Couldn't get much change out of PL CBs. He might need to play up top with someone if he ever starts league games you'd think, at least at first.

Well this is the thing, really. I'm not sure he ever will consistently. We know he can do it in the championship. 

Â