Cameron Archer

Zatman

51 minutes ago, tinker said:

Be a good move for him and you , hopefully it will happen, a loan. Watched him a few times for you and while he's deadly in the box there's not alot more that he offers at the moment, he's not ready. 

Pity Ramsey was injured for the playoffs,  he appeared to be the type of player you was missing against Cov. Tbh I think he's got a real good chance of making it at the very top. Would love to see him loaned out again and Carrick seems to be good for our loan players.

Ramsay was a huge miss and I'd agree with you in him having a chance at the very top. He's super positive with the ball and ice in front of goal. I'd actually be more excited to get Ramsay back than Archer and that's not a knock on Archer, just how good I think Ramsay will be with a full season behind. I will say though that Ramsay has had two pretty long injury spells out so far so I'm hoping he isn't going to prove to be a little injury prone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Borofaninpeace said:

Ramsay was a huge miss and I'd agree with you in him having a chance at the very top. He's super positive with the ball and ice in front of goal. I'd actually be more excited to get Ramsay back than Archer and that's not a knock on Archer, just how good I think Ramsay will be with a full season behind. I will say though that Ramsay has had two pretty long injury spells out so far so I'm hoping he isn't going to prove to be a little injury prone. 

Hopefully he will mature like his brother who's stayed relatively injury free.  Good to see our young players get involved with teams like Boro, big teams who play under that  pressure the fans and media exert on them to succeed. 

Good luck for next season, thought the strongest teams went out from the bits I watched, Sunderland v Boro final would have been a bit tasty.

Just seen a quote on FB from Emery (possibly from last week) talking about assessing the loan players (including Archer) and deciding on what to do with them.  There are loads of comments from Boro fans about how good Archer and Ramsey have been for them that pretty much exactly mirror what @Borofaninpeace says above.  Archer has scored loads for them but the general impression seems to be that they don't think he is quite there yet and there are areas of his game where he can get better.  The general view also seems to be that Aaron is the bees knees but missed a fair number of games through injury.

I know that there is a clamour in some quarters for Archer to be our back-up striker next season - but from reading comments from Boro fans it still sounds like he isn't quite there (they talk about him as maybe a bottom half PL player).  Whilst some of that might be because they are desperate to get him back on loan and so are trying to "undersell" him - it seems more like a reasonable appraisal of his contribution.

It certainly gave me pause for thought that maybe a full season of Archer and Aaron on loan at Boro might be a good deal for everyone.  Boro will almost certainly be in the promotion hunt again next season.  Archer and Ramsey would (injury permitting) be playing most matches rather than sitting on the bench.  Boro seem to play good football so we wouldn't need to worry about poor coaching or them picking up bad habits that we have to train out of them.  Two young Villans at the same time presumably means that they have time to bond and build a good relationship on and off the pitch.  It makes it easier for our Loan Manager to keep tabs on them.  We (hopefully) get a full season at a good club to assess how they are doing and where they are at.  I think we'd either have a better idea that they are ready for our match day squad or that their market value will have increased.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Interesting that he's the only out-and-out striker in the squad.

I'm sure that we've played without a striker at u21 level before.  Can't recall if it was a regular thing or one off, but I do vaguely recall it not working.

Not sure it's a sensible approach, but maybe (other than Archer), there just isn't the quality at that age group.

You only improve by being pushed outside of your comfort zone. He’s clearly done the business in the championship. UNKLE as he’s loaned to a prem club a loan would be pointless imo. 

There aren't many U21 strikers, Folarin Balogun was the main one alongside Archer but he's just switched to the US, apparently England I trying to get Tom Cannon to switch from Ireland to England.

I'm not sure it would be wise for Cannon to switch, as might end up getting selected for England at U21 level, but when it comes to senior level getting ignored.

I don't think there's much in the group below either, Delap, Scarlett, and Jebbison, all look okay at times but whether they're going to go onto be full internationals I'm not sure, Sonny Perkins might possibly get pushed up a few age groups, especially as might get some first team football in Championship next season.

He's still only fifteen but Mikey Moore of Spurs is meant to be a very good one England have coming through, apparently stands out every game he plays, and one of the best academy players in the country, he still hasn't signed Scholarship with Tottenham yet so will be interesting to see what happens there.

Archer turns 22 this year, so will be phased out, left it late to get into England set-up so hasn't much experience, but good for him that he gets to end it playing in a big tournament.

2 hours ago, kidlewis said:

You only improve by being pushed outside of your comfort zone. He’s clearly done the business in the championship. UNKLE as he’s loaned to a prem club a loan would be pointless imo. 

What does unkle mean?

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, useless said:

Euros start today for England, despite being only striker in the squad I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't start as England try and persist with False 9.

Anyone know where this can be viewed?

Why on earth is Gordon playing as the striker instead of Archer, it's not even as if Gordon is playing as a 'false 9', he's playing as an out and out striker, already he's had several situations in which Archer would have done so much better in,

7 minutes ago, useless said:

Why on earth is Gordon playing as the striker instead of Archer, it's not even as if Gordon is playing as a 'false 9', he's playing as an out and out striker, already he's had several situations in which Archer would have done so much better in,

carded now too

32 minutes ago, useless said:

Because he is cost 40 million. I can see why they started him. Getting squeezed and then once past the high press get the ball to him and uze his pace. I can als0 see why they defo should have started Archer.  Gordon is like a shit Gabby. 

Â