Cameron Archer

Zatman

1 minute ago, messi11 said:

"Option to BUY"

Gerrard doesn't have the time to develop and play Archer. He even said in the summer he would listen to offers to sell him. 

Where has he said this?

Archer has just signed a new deal here.

On 24/08/2022 at 21:12, StanBalaban said:

Gregg knows even less than us. Also, where has Gerrard himself said it? 

Plus, when is that dated?

Gerrard claims he told Lowe to pass on a message to Peter Ridsdale – that Archer will cost millions to sign on a permanent basis, as we all expected.

The Villa boss added that a loan isn’t in the plans either, but Villa will decide after pre-season training with ‘everyone’ wanting to sign Archer; sadly, a Preston return seems unlikely.

“Ryan Lowe phoned me two days ago and asked for him back next season,” said Gerrard. “I told him to tell (chairman) Peter Ridsdale to get his naughts out if he’s wanting him on a full-time basis. I also said that he won’t be available for a loan because the idea of the loan is to give him some experience to get him back in the group and to have a positive pre-season.”

Source: Gerrard's Mouth 

12 minutes ago, messi11 said:

"Option to BUY"

Gerrard doesn't have the time to develop and play Archer. He even said in the summer he would listen to offers to sell him. 

Again I ask,  when did he say this? 

Just now, messi11 said:

There you go right out of the horses mouth 

Archer is for sale at the right price. Gerrard is willing to sell for the right money! Why else would he say that? Guess £10 Mil would do it. 
He's for sale!!!! 

ok, I see the angle your coming from. 

Every player has his price. but come on let's be honest he's hardly for "sale"? 

1 minute ago, dounavilla said:

ok, I see the angle your coming from. 

Every player has his price. but come on let's be honest he's hardly for "sale"? 

Doesn't breed confidence in a person/player when your manager is saying you're for sale for the right price tho right?
How come he didn't say that for Watkins?

6 minutes ago, messi11 said:

There you go right out of the horses mouth 

Archer is for sale at the right price. Gerrard is willing to sell for the right money! Why else would he say that? Guess £10 Mil would do it. 
He's for sale!!!! 

Well everyone is for sale at the right price for "millions" 

If someone offered us £300m then it would be negligent not to accept it. 

I read those comments as Archer is not for sale because it would need to be silly money.   Its hardly an invitation to treat is it. 

It's not Gerrard saying "I am considering selling Archer" at all. *

In fact it's not even up to Gerrard anyway,  Lange and the board would decide if a player is for sale and what price we accept. 

Edited by sidcow

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Well everyone is for sale at the right price for "millions" 

If someone offered us £300m then it would be negligent not to accept it. 

I read those comments as Archer is not for sale because it would need to be silly money.   Its hardly an invitation to treat is it. 

It's not Gerrard saying "I am considering selling Archer" at all. 

You're spinning it like the Sun newspaper would do. 

Gerrard should say "He's not for sale at all, he is in my plans"
but no he says "He available for the right price" 

You see?

Edited by messi11

1 minute ago, messi11 said:

You're spinning it like the Sun newspaper would do. 

Gerrard should say "He's not for sale at all, he in my plans"
but no he says "He available for the right price" 

You see?

Well somene is definitely spinning those words like a rag newspaper would that's for sure. 

Whilst every player has their price, there is no chance in hell we are going to be looking to sell him. A loan move might be useful but I’d personally prefer for him to stay around the first team and be an option for us. 

Â