Cameron Archer

Zatman

20 minutes ago, useless said:

He's now our joint top scorer at England U21 level, Agbonlahor, and Delfouneso also scored four goals for England U21s, but they did it in sixteen and seventeen appearances whereas Archer has scored his four goals in four appearance.

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886rglqf6jpx39pbcp9ie

13 hours ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

For me it's not about "can he do a job for us next season?" it's "can he do a better job for us next season than Watkins, Ings or a new top class striker?" I would rather see him continue to develop on loan next season and bring in a new top class striker to compete or replace Ings. He will no doubt continue to thrive on loan, maybe even in a lower Premier League club in a season's time. Until he is definitely better than what we have here already I would rather see him develop as quickly as possible and that will happen by playing every week on loan, not sitting on our bench!

The reality is this 'top class striker' is a fantasy. They don't actually exist yet and whether we have the draw, or realistically the money to buy a nailed on top class striker is for the gods. 

I can't name them because I don't know enough about European football, but in terms of the Premier League the list of actual strikers who scored 15 goals or more last season is confined to Vardy, Jota, Kane and Ronaldo.

You find me the next one of them and I'm in. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, WHY said:

Kid seems to have a great knack of finding space in a packed box. 

edit: god dammit bin dunne. It’s like this forum is predictable or something. 

Edited by Spoony
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

The reality is this 'top class striker' is a fantasy. They don't actually exist yet and whether we have the draw, or realistically the money to buy a nailed on top class striker is for the gods. 

I can't name them because I don't know enough about European football, but in terms of the Premier League the list of actual strikers who scored 15 goals or more last season is confined to Vardy, Jota, Kane and Ronaldo.

Archer

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Cameron Archer

• Thanks 1

Exactly. It's either Cameron Archer or another (calculated) gamble with a fancier name and a much bigger price tag. 

The closest we've got to signing a 'sure thing' in 20 years is Danny Ings. This smacks a little of new toy syndrome to me. 

• Like 2

His goal tonight was so so Gary Shaw. The turn, burst of speed and power in the shot.

Yeah I'll say it, he could be the new Gary Shaw.

Edited by stewiek2
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

so, he actually played 141 minutes over the 4 games.

scoring 4 goals in those 141 mins (over 4 games).

basically......4 goals every 1.56 games........

LOL.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

His goal tonight was so so Gary Shaw. The turn, burst of speed and power in the shot.

Yeah I'll say it, he could be rh new Gary Shaw.

I can see that.

• Like 1

He absolutely 100% has to be in and around the first team next season.

I've never been more sure of this with a young player coming through. 

13 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

so, he actually played 141 minutes over the 4 games.

scoring 4 goals in those 141 mins (over 4 games).

basically......4 goals every 1.56 games........

LOL.

Quite phenomenal. 

He's clearly playing against weaker opposition than he would in the PL, and probably weaker than he did in the Championship.

But you can't possibly say he doesn't deserve a chance in our lineup on the back of his recent form. He's delivered every time he's on the pitch,  in any competition, at any level so far. Time to give the PL a shot 🏹

Â