Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

Everton have won this, were 2 down now.

Unlucky Villa Lady's, must do better, can't remember the last time they've scored here's hoping our men's teams can today..

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't watched any of the ladies games - but I would agree and go further. The gap between the divisions is matched by the gap between the Top 4 and the rest of the division.

2nd 10pts ahead of 3rd & 4th who are 7 pts ahead of 5th.

The only close positions are at the bottom.

A win from Saturday's home game with bottom placed Bristol City could well keep us up.

Victory would take us 3 points ahead of them, with a game in hand and their goal difference is -51 to our -32.  They would then have two games remaining, home to 4th placed Manchester United (who need points for European qualification) and away to mid-table Reading. A Villa win and no more than 3 points from their last two games, should therefore be enough to make us safe.     

2 hours ago, John said:

A win from Saturday's home game with bottom placed Bristol City could well keep us up.

Victory would take us 3 points ahead of them, with a game in hand and their goal difference is -51 to our -32.  They would then have two games remaining, home to 4th placed Manchester United (who need points for European qualification) and away to mid-table Reading. A Villa win and no more than 3 points from their last two games, should therefore be enough to make us safe.     

Disappointing season given the investment we made, but lots of new signings will always take time to gel I guess. There is a serious gulf in class in that league between the top 2 and everyone else.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Disappointing season given the investment we made, but lots of new signings will always take time to gel I guess. There is a serious gulf in class in that league between the top 2 and everyone else.

It was similar to our return to the PL, in that it seems we needed to do a lot, just to have a chance of staying in it. Let's hope that if we do survive, we can move up towards mid-table next season, like we did this season in the PL. The team will have learned a lot from this first season in the top league.

2 hours ago, John said:

It was similar to our return to the PL, in that it seems we needed to do a lot, just to have a chance of staying in it. Let's hope that if we do survive, we can move up towards mid-table next season, like we did this season in the PL. The team will have learned a lot from this first season in the top league.

Way more gulf in quality in the women's game.

Most teams is the women's championship aren't even professional form what i understand.

• Like 1

If we lose we will still have a game in hand over Bristol City and will only be two points behind them with games coming up against small heath and West Ham, so in theory we'd still have a chance, but it wouldn't be looking good for us in the sense that it would be eight games without a win.

By the same token if we beat them we go four points clear, with a game in hand, and some winnable games coming up, so a win would be a big result for us.

Â