Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

Lost 3-0 to Man Utd, as long as Chelsea beat West Ham we will stay tenth. Bristol City play Reading tomorrow if they win that, presuming West Ham lose today, then just two points will seperate the bottom three.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, useless said:

Bristol City beat Reading 3-2. Not good for us, now just two points clear of the relegation zone.

Really bad result for us. Ebony Salmon is such a talent (as we well know)

• 2 weeks later...

A win tonight against Brighton would come in handy. I think it's available to watch on the FA Player if you have a login. Bristol City play Man City, and West Ham who are currently bottom play small heath.

Edited by useless

Things not looking great at the moment, we lose to Brighton and West Ham beat small heath, meaning that we're now just one point above the relegation place. A worrying sign is that in recent weeks West Ham and Bristol City have started picking up the odd result whereas we've stopped doing that, hence why the four or five point cushion we had has now been reduced to just one point.

Edit: small heath get a equalizer four minutes into injury time, we're still only one point above the relegation zone, but now we stay in 10th place rather than drop to 11th. Our form still woryying though.

• 2 weeks later...

Lost 2-0 away to Chelsea, was expecting an heavier defeat than that, but we need to start finding some kind of form soon.

Bristol City are beating small heath at the moment, meaning as it stands they're two points above us in the league and we drop to eleventh just one point ahead of West Ham in twelve place.

Our next two games are Everton and Man City, so doesn't exactly get much easier for us.

On 18/03/2021 at 05:48, villalad21 said:

Yup.

Replacing Gemma Davies has achieved nothing.

We were going nowhere under Davies - the playing style was sterile and ineffective. I think the new guy is an upgrade but the players are still not good enough to compete with the top sides.

Avoiding relegation is all that matters this season so we have to turn up when we play those around us ..... which I think we will !

West Ham 9pts from 16, ourselves 10pts from 16 & Bristol City 11 from 18. 

Games remaining: 

(West Ham): Reading (a), Villa (h), Everton (h), Villa (a), Man City (h) & to be arranged Arsenal (a).

(Villa): Everton (a), West Ham (a), Bristol City (h) West Ham (h) Arsenal (a) & to be arranged Small Heath (a).

(Bristol City): Arsenal (h), Villa (a), Man Utd (h) & Brighton (a). 

Quite where the five wins in a row came from for Brighton is beyond me. They were my relegation bankers before that. West Ham face three top half teams, 7th placed Brighton and us twice. Bristol City play two top half clubs and us. We play two top half clubs and four games against teams in the bottom four. Our fate will be decided by the three games in bold. I consider that we need to beat or draw with Bristol City and get a minimum of four points from our games against West Ham.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The gap between the top two divisions is ridiculous so even though we walked the league last year we were always going to struggle to survive. If we go down we will  almost  certainly come up again the following year the trick is that we have to strengthen even at a lower level if we want to survive in the future. I have no idea how easy it would be to attract quality players at the lower level.

• Like 1

You can watch the game in the F A player, just need an account to watch it.

We were defending wonderfully but seem to have been undone by Everton's first goal which in all fairness I just watched the slam a second in but we may get away with it due to offside.

Villa need something big now after half time whatever the score because like our men's team they are struggling for goals.

Â