Said Benrahma

MaVilla

1 minute ago, villanmac said:

Villareport just tweets every bit of villa news or reports on the internet (provides the source in each tweet and doesn't purport to be ITK).

I don't get the hate for it, its great not having to deal with click bait bullshit and have everything summarised in one place. It's actually pretty impressive how they keep up with everything tbh. 

He knows. It's a running joke mate. 

1 hour ago, Villarocker said:

Not sure DDID. I just recall seeing him quoted somewhere as saying that he wouldn't allow the club to overpay for Maupay after overpaying for Mings. 

From the dean smith thread

On 01/08/2019 at 22:05, fightoffyour said:

Dean Smith did a Q and A tonight, my family went. Work permits sorted for Doug  and Marv, they’ll be in Germany, and we are looking for a striker. He can’t recommend that the club buy Maupay at Brentford’s asking price and we overpaid for Mings because it was like having your son held to ransom.

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

Edited by villanmac
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, jonjon said:

No, The player we are after is a lot cheaper and money is not the problem, as for once we have money to spare made on deals done since January, and we have no need to sell him, but if he wants to move the club will not stand in his way, providing we get the money asked for. 

I wasn't necessarily thinking about you needing the money, more about squad space and player churn. You can't really churn this lad coming in if he has nowhere to play. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

No doubt we'll agree a fee of £18-20m plus addons....

I just feel they are being punitive, because its Dean Smith.

If we want him it looks like we will have to pay over the odds.

22 minutes ago, Morkery said:

I'd forget this signing and hijack Brentfords bid Ghoddos. He looks brilliant.

They can afford to play this game, because there is no pressure for promotion.

buy cheap and sell expensive and play a style that is easy on the eye, so individuals get seen in the brightest light....they must have a decent scouting system and a system of play that is easy to slot those players in to.

quite nifty really.

Hopefully we will pick up some tips.

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

buy cheap and sell expensive and play a style that is easy on the eye, so individuals get seen in the brightest light....they must have a decent scouting system and a system of play that is easy to slot those players in to.

quite nifty really.

Agreed. Read somewhere they generated about 60m profit in player sales. Since they are in championship they are under no pressure to spend loads , net in no out, unlike most promoted team like us who generally’s expected to spend large portions of the premiership income.

Benrahma is quality & really hope we get him . 

14 minutes ago, Digavilla said:

Agreed. Read somewhere they generated about 60m profit in player sales. Since they are in championship they are under no pressure to spend loads , net in no out, unlike most promoted team like us who generally’s expected to spend large portions of the premiership income.

Benrahma is quality & really hope we get him . 

I worry about buying Brentford players they seem to flatter to deceive.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I worry about buying Brentford players they seem to flatter to deceive.

Hogan certainly did, I couldn't believe Villa fell for that one 🤣  the rest haven't done too bad at all.

44 minutes ago, TRO said:

I just feel they are being punitive, because its Dean Smith.

If we want him it looks like we will have to pay over the odds.

Not the way Brentford do business. They have a price for every player and unless someone meets it, they don’t go. 

We met their valuation for Konsa, he is now our player. 

Now there is a separate conversation to be had about their prices put on a player and if the buying club feels Brentford’s price represents value but that’s a different argument. 

34 minutes ago, TRO said:

quite nifty really.

I think there is some pressure this year, the hope is promotion, ready to move into the new stadium at the start of next season, we have spent a record amount (for us) already, so I think we are going to give it a go.

Pretty much every club has a price for their players and if that price isn't met then the player won't go. That isn't some special feature about the way that Brentford do business.

3 minutes ago, choffer said:

Not the way Brentford do business. They have a price for every player and unless someone meets it, they don’t go. 

We met their valuation for Konsa, he is now our player. 

Now there is a separate conversation to be had about their prices put on a player and if the buying club feels Brentford’s price represents value but that’s a different argument. 

We didn't meet their valuation of Konsa, we met his release clause valuation, the Brentford fans on here were saying he would be £20m until the release clause came to light.

I agree with your main point though, we have to meet their valuation, and that valuation is unlikely to change too much.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

We didn't meet their valuation of Konsa, we met his release clause valuation, the Brentford fans on here were saying he would be £20m until the release clause came to light.

Fair point. Was really surprised to see they had a release clause that low though. Clearly they made a concession in that instance. 

51 minutes ago, TRO said:

quite nifty really.

We have signed some top class players in this window and I would think it’s fair to say the wages being paid will be eating into our profits on players sales.Mid table would be seen as failure this season and we will be one of the biggest spenders in this window.With 8 new signings and maybe 3 more to come we will be hoping that these players can hit the ground running that goes for your side as well.

15 minutes ago, choffer said:

Fair point. Was really surprised to see they had a release clause that low though. Clearly they made a concession in that instance. 

I think Konsa and his agent were smart enough to know that Brentford would be moving him on soon enough, and didn't want to be priced out of a move as Benrahma seems to be at the moment, so they had a sensible minimum release fee inserted in the deal.

When the agreement would of been made they were signing him for ~£2.5m, the release fee was over four times that, nearly five, I don't think Brentford could of asked for much more than that at the time.

Edited by Teale's 'tache
Spelling

20 minutes ago, choffer said:

Was 12m low at the point of putting it in though? 

Seems prices have doubled in just 1 year. 20m for a championship player 12 months ago was getting you the best in the division (James Maddison) so 12m seemed reasonable at the time, now every half decent championship player is valued at 20m

Edited by Junxs
  • Like 1

Â