Said Benrahma

MaVilla

1 minute ago, birdistheword said:

Gregg Evans in The Athletic.

Gregg Evans knows nothing.  He is just standing on the line for a tap in and then some people will say he knows stuff because what he said this morning.

I don't like the Birmingham Mail and all their clickbait articles and annoying website, but Gregg Evans has probably broke more Villa stories than any other journalist aside from John Percy.

2 minutes ago, useless said:

I don't like the Birmingham Mail and all their clickbait articles and annoying website, but Gregg Evans has probably broke more Villa stories than any other journalist aside from John Percy.

I disagree.  He now has said that 'Aston Villa will listen to offers for Birkir Bjarnason and Lovre Kalinic '  

Real in the know stuff.  Would never have thought that, right out of the blue that one.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Where? No tweet and nothing on The Athletic itself.

There's a live transfer Q&A bit on the Athletic here: https://theathletic.com/1121497/?redirected=1

The Gregg Evans Villa relevant bit below...

Good morning. Here's a brief outline of Aston Villa's transfer plans in the remaining hours of window.
So, as many of you who follow me on Twitter would have seen late last night - Douglas Luiz, the Brazilian midfielder is close to completing his £15m move from Manchester City.
He's been in his homeland for the past week but is now on the way to the UK and will link up with his team-mates either later today or tomorrow.
The striker search is also picking up pace. Villa had been checking out a French forward but I'll provide some more details on that later if there's any progression.
One player who will not be moving to the Midlands, though, is Galatasaray goal-getter Mbaye Diagne. Ignore the links. They're not true.
As for Saïd Benrahma, the Brentford attacker, there could be some movement later in the day. If Villa get a breakthrough, I'll let you know.
Elsewhere, Scott Hogan is closing in on a loan move to Stoke City as I reported yesterday.
Villa will listen to offers for Birkir Bjarnason, the Icelandic midfielder, too.
And I'd expect goalkeeper Lovre Kalinic to secure a move away before close of play tomorrow. Villa can't keep four goalkeepers happy until January, that's for sure!

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

There's a live transfer Q&A bit on the Athletic here: https://theathletic.com/1121497/?redirected=1

The Gregg Evans Villa relevant bit below...

Nice one, found it now. 

Seems like a perfectly reasonable update. Why people get their panties in a twist about this I do not know. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Nice one, found it now. 

Seems like a perfectly reasonable update. Why people get their panties in a twist about this I do not know. 

Because its a bit cheeky putting it behind a pay wall when there is nothing new.

2 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Because its a bit cheeky putting it behind a pay wall when there is nothing new.

It's fantastic content. There's load of 'new' stuff in there. 

The Athletic aren't aiming for your click bait audience. It's £30 for a years subscription right now, which seems perfectly reasonable in the current market. Their labour isn't free. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

The Athletic aren't aiming for your click bait audience. It's £30 for a years subscription right now, which seems perfectly reasonable in the current market. Their labour isn't free. 

Are you Gregg Evans or related to him.  Genuine question?

• Like 1

Just now, HeyAnty said:

Are you Gregg Evans or related to him.  Genuine question?

Why? Because I like The Athletic as a publication and have expressed that? Because some people here don't like Gregg Evans and I have offered up a fairly balanced response to them using facts? 

Ok. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

It's fantastic content. There's load of new stuff in there. 

I'm using the free trial at the moment, content seems very good, tempted by the first year at £30, not too sure about after that when it goes up to £50 p/a though, got a while to try before I buy though!

https://theathletic.co.uk/checkout?pc=raf40&plan_id=45&shared_by_name=Stuart&shared_by=2507369

Selling points below

black-checkmark.png
Smart analysis and exclusive stories
black-checkmark.png
Unique content from top writers
black-checkmark.png
In-depth coverage on all teams
black-checkmark.png
Quality journalism with no ads
black-checkmark.png
Customisable, 5-star mobile app

10 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Nice one, found it now. 

Fanny fluttters?

5 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I just don't get why you would pay money for that. You will find their content on newsnow or a football forum 5 minutes after it's posted anyway. If you are going to pay for good journalism at least use it on something with a bit of substance 😁

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Why? Because I like The Athletic as a publication and have expressed that? Because some people here don't like Gregg Evans and I have offered up a fairly balanced response to them using facts? 

Ok. 

Sounds like post-purchase rationalisation to me. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Â