Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, T-Dog said:

IMO - He's riding this gravy train and is ready to skip. 

Don't dislike him, but **** me he's been shite since he come back

Huh?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 1

He's not happy in the role he's asked to play. Has bags more freedom when Kamara was in the side.  Shouid not be the deepest of our midfield players. Need to correct thst against Brighton 

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

He's not happy in the role he's asked to play. Has bags more freedom when Kamara was in the side.  Shouid not be the deepest of our midfield players. Need to correct thst against Brighton 

He plays where Unai puts him. Unai has decided he wants him there instead of McGinn or Tim and he's probably right.

He's been poor for 4/5 months.

2 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

People turning on him need to get a grip.

What constitutes turning on him? I think he's been crap recently.

11 hours ago, T-Dog said:

IMO - He's riding this gravy train and is ready to skip. 

Don't dislike him, but **** me he's been shite since he come back

Ah right, this is turning on him.

Second sentence is ok.

First one? No. You can't say riding a gravy train when he's been so involved for the last 5 years.

I'm pissed off because I want him to stand up when we need him. He often has.

I'm not having performances drop off a cliff because another player is injured. That's not acceptable for a key player for us.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

He's not really been poor for 4 or 5 months, Kamara got injured in February just after the window shut, hence why Doug had to play the deeper role as we couldn't get a replacement in.  At least it's more correct than a calendar year though :lol:

Edited by sharkyvilla
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

He's not really been poor for 4 or 5 months, Kamara got injured in February just after the window shut, hence why Doug had to play the deeper role as we couldn't get a replacement in.  At least it's more correct than a calendar year though :lol:

He (and others but they aren't as good as him) went off a cliff after we beat Arsenal.

He had many poor games in December and January.

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

He (and others but they aren't as good as him) went off a cliff after we beat Arsenal.

He had many poor games in December and January.

He wasn't really poor though, even if you have a really negative outlook on the game, he was still one of our best players.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tom13 said:

No-one should be turning on Dougie, he's too good a player, too good a person, and done far too much for us for that.

New to VillaTalk? ;)

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He plays where Unai puts him. Unai has decided he wants him there instead of McGinn or Tim and he's probably right.

Both things can be true. He can be the best stand-in DM, and also not a particularly great stand-in DM. If we shifted Konsa to the left side of CB, as a comparison, his form would likely suffer as well - even if it was Unai’s decision that it was the best move for the overall team.

Doug isn’t “poor without Kamara” because he needs someone to hold his hand, but because he has moved from a position where he’s one of the best in the league to one where he’s decent but not great.

But the lad has played almost every game in a team that’s on track to finish fourth. And a lot of the reason for that is points we picked up when he was flying in his preferred position.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

What constitutes turning on him? I think he's been crap recently.

Ah right, this is turning on him.

Second sentence is ok.

First one? No. You can't say riding a gravy train when he's been so involved for the last 5 years.

I'm pissed off because I want him to stand up when we need him. He often has.

I'm not having performances drop off a cliff because another player is injured. That's not acceptable for a key player for us.

He's just isn't very equipped to be the deepest lying midfield player. Never was. Hes an 8 not a 6. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PaulC said:

I'm pretty sure Kamara won't be available.

Doug (and McGinn) are struggling as a result of us going into the season one man light in the middle of the park - I seem to remember us trying to get Elneny in the summer and again in January - Kamara's injury, Dendonckers failure and Iroegbunam's youth have all counted against us.

You're absolutely spot on about the balance, but there's nothing we can do about it this season.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm pretty sure Kamara won't be available.

Doug (and McGinn) are struggling as a result of us going into the season one man light in the middle of the park - I seem to remember us trying to get Elneny in the summer and again in January - Kamara's injury, Dendonckers failure and Iroegbunam's youth have all counted against us.

You're absolutely spot on about the balance, but there's nothing we can do about it this season.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

He wasn't really poor though, even if you have a really negative outlook on the game

Yes he was. And he still is in that poor form.

3 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

he was still one of our best players.

Yes. Doesn't mean he was playing well. I expect him to be one of our better players most games as he's probably our most talented player.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Yes he was. And he still is in that poor form.

Yes. Doesn't mean he was playing well. I expect him to be one of our better players most games as he's probably our most talented player.

I think this is the problem. He’s so good an average performance is no longer acceptable to fans and he gets abuse. It’s happened with many of our top players, Mings, Konsa, McGinn, Watkins and Bailey have all had abuse when had a bit of average to poor form. Some one like Donk could be shit whenever he played and get a free pass because nobody expected much more. A few tidy passes and he would get praise !

Luiz will hit form again. He’s too good not too.

45 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think this is the problem. He’s so good an average performance is no longer acceptable to fans and he gets abuse. It’s happened with many of our top players, Mings, Konsa, McGinn, Watkins and Bailey have all had abuse when had a bit of average to poor form. Some one like Donk could be shit whenever he played and get a free pass because nobody expected much more. A few tidy passes and he would get praise !

Yes. I expect our better players to be better. I think that's fair. I wouldn't be stunned if Cash was up off like this for months.

Obviously abuse is inexcusable and totally pointless. It's also incredibly rare IMO.

A few faceless twitter accounts who have clearly never been near Villa park saying someone is shit isn't enough for me to declare "Villa fans" are turning on players.

45 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Luiz will hit form again. He’s too good not too.

Yes he will.

If he had done it the last few weeks when Kamara wasn't holding his hand and we needed our big players I'd think even more of him as a footballer.

McGinn has been poor as well, but IMO he's really trying. And he's being moved all over the place throughout games. And he's not as good a player as Luiz.

Doug is coasting. Has been since December.

Hopefully he scores winner tomorrow.

Â