Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

16 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

He’s got a lot of credit in the bank so I think an off night is due. 

But this game a reminder that if someone is willing to offer silly money (100M+), it should be considered because only the Messi’s of the world really should have that kind of valuation. 

If City came in at that price I'd snap their hand off.  

1 minute ago, will87 said:

He's not world-class for me as some have been suggesting, that's not just based on today's game either, needs another gear.

Or maybe the minutes he's played are starting to show.

He had a bad game but I don’t think we need to start saying he’s overrated etc. Hes been amazing.

Tonight, he’s possibly overdone it at Christmas/missing Kamara/ generally fatigued/ tactics didn’t help him or a mixture of all of the above.  He’ll shine again soon enough.

12 minutes ago, WHY said:

Luiz has been great but a lot of that is down to having Kamara patrolling behind him. 

Don't think that's fair, he was brilliant last season as well and kamara was put for large parts.

Had a stinker tonight, as every other player did.

34 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

If City came in at that price I'd snap their hand off.  

I would at least consider it, depending on how likely we are to acquire his replacements. 

This isn’t a knock on Luiz. He’s been genuinely great and on multiple ratings - part of the prem team of the season so far. 

But to think that he’s 100M+ and unsellable is not practical. 

3 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Not turning on him at all, calling that one performance out for what it was - horrendous and lacking responsibility.

And Kamara has had games just as bad too. He was shit tonight but some of the reactions are silly. I wasn't pointing the finger at you personally. 

Â