Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

2 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

I agree, but when others can easily triple it (maybe more depending on the new rights deals) it’s naive for people to say “there’s no reason he would leave.” But anyway, let’s get CL, get him tied to a new contract, and go from there!

Yeah, it's always naive to assume players wouldn't want to leave. We can always hope for loyalty, but very rarely is it seen in football. However, like you said, we are in a fantastic position right now, fingers crossed he'll see the ride out with us.

• Like 1

David Ornstein in a Q & A for The Athletic says that Arsenal are unlikely to bid for Luiz in January as he'd be too expensive:

“I don’t think so,” Ornstein said when asked if the Gunners will try to sign Luiz in the winter window.

“There is admiration for him among some at Arsenal (hence them trying to sign him the summer before last) but I don’t think that view is shared by everyone.

“More importantly, the view at Aston Villa has so far been clear: no chance.”

https://www.football365.com/news/douglas-luiz-to-arsenal-ornstein-january-transfer-admiration

31 minutes ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

David Ornstein in a Q & A for The Athletic says that Arsenal are unlikely to bid for Luiz in January as he'd be too expensive:

https://www.football365.com/news/douglas-luiz-to-arsenal-ornstein-january-transfer-admiration

Yeah I think I am not going to pursue my interest in dating Margot Robbie

Also, she may say no

• Haha 3

Nice interview with him on the Sky sports transfer centre page.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/13018760/douglas-luiz-exclusive-interview-aston-villa-midfielder-flattered-by-interest-but-loving-life-under-incredible-unai-emery

"I am very happy to hear the stories but I am here at Aston Villa," he says. "My focus is totally here. I don't spend a lot of time looking at the stories. I see them, but I don't focus on that and I'm not looking at it every day. My head is here at Aston Villa."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, burchy said:

Yes Dougie boy. Stick that up your arsenal ya dumb gooners

4 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Good interview that, he seems to be loving life under Emery at Villa. Nice to hear he’s not interested in the rumours. They won’t stop of course, but we can rest easy that Dougie is going nowhere. 

Yes. A relief to see he's thinking sensibly and understanding how lucky he is to be coached by Emery.

As well as all the in-depth stuff, he'll also occasionally give you some real magic like

No, no! Put it in! Put it in!

He loves the Villa. We gave him his chance when he was in limbo at City. He’s a real leader now and recognises he is going to be the main man in an exciting team with a top manager that has already brought his game on leaps and bounds. If we dont get CL, and then a huge bid (£90m + ) comes in in the summer, then yes, obviously there will be some grown up conversations to be had at board level. I genuinely think Emery’s influence will play the biggest role though. If that big bid does come but Unai makes it clear he’s not for sale, then I trust our owners to concur.

29 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

He loves the Villa. We gave him his chance when he was in limbo at City. He’s a real leader now and recognises he is going to be the main man in an exciting team with a top manager that has already brought his game on leaps and bounds. If we dont get CL, and then a huge bid (£90m + ) comes in in the summer, then yes, obviously there will be some grown up conversations to be had at board level. I genuinely think Emery’s influence will play the biggest role though. If that big bid does come but Unai makes it clear he’s not for sale, then I trust our owners to concur.

I agree.

We have given, many players a chance, but Dougie has his heart in the right place......some just skip off, for the Glittering Gold, and lets be fair its tempting.

Dougie's stance is one of old fashioned values....Loyalty, Gratitude, and Allegience....Like Emi M he has taken root to B6

He knows the plan of V sports and the opportunities, that could exist.....He knows the Managers long term vision.....He knows the stabilty in this club.

Our club has been in slumber for years.....The phoenix is awakening, and he knows, whats coming. We need Dougie and he needs us, and his progress as an individual player is there for all to see.

His progress has been incrementally and exponentially clear.....why would he give that up, when he is just making his name?

Edited by TRO

Â