Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

17 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

I'll be honest, a part of me was thinking that he could take a yellow today and miss the Fulham game next weekend and get a bit of rest. 

Yes, I was hoping that too. Watch him get booked against Fulham and miss the spurs game :/.

Bit of an off performance from him, especially not charging down the first strike. 

Part of me wonders if it is an instruction to stay in shape and allow shots from that distance on the basis Emi would be expected to make a save and a deflected shot would be harder for him to stop than letting a clean strike travel. Even ignoring the hash Emi made of the second goal, I'm not sure there's a real reason Luiz shouldn't have been closing the player down. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adman said:

Based on very little, I fear he'll be off to arsenal in Jan.  The contract he signed just as his old one ran out will have been very much on the players terms

Are they going to drop £125 million on him?

Caicedo £117 million, Fernández £107 million...

Douglas Luiz will be around the same, at least Villa will value him around that fee for sure. I also think he's better than both of those players....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adman said:

Based on very little, I fear he'll be off to arsenal in Jan.  The contract he signed just as his old one ran out will have been very much on the players terms

Not happening 

58 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Are they going to drop £125 million on him?

Caicedo £117 million, Fernández £107 million...

Douglas Luiz will be around the same, at least Villa will value him around that fee for sure. I also think he's better than both of those players....

Whilst I agree it should be a big fee in that region to sign him, I would be shocked if there isn't a release clause in that contract he signed. That was signed on his terms. 

There's no doubt to me the contract he signed under shit for brains when he wasn't playing, was already being bidded for by Arsenal and that was running down as it was....has a nice release clause.

He had all the leverage. Not sure why people find this ridiculous.

Obviously depends what the clause would be, but if there is one, it's a surprise no-one came in for him in the summer. He was already balling and even before his sizzling form, the Arsenal interest showed how highly he's thought of.

Edited by Tom13

Â