Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

2 hours ago, May-Z said:

I think this is more to do with not having a second CM sitting deep with him.

If you watch Brighton, for example, they can create multiple passing options because they create a box of four players around any opposition press. We have Dougie sitting deep, who has to turn a player then pick an eye-of-the needle pass....or just go back to the CB or FB. 

Next game, count how many times he has a quick, short pass that he can make first time to get around the press.  You won't need many fingers to count them. 

I think this is a really good point.I could imagine him in a better system with better players being more adventurous.

For me  the Mcginn/Luiz midfield does not work.I am also not sure what his role is.He is not a 6,he can often make some great interceptions and tackles but is not consistent in this area.He doesn’t do enough creatively to be an 8.

Its a shame he didn’t play a bit more with Kamara.

On 14/10/2022 at 14:48, WHY said:

Not a big fan of Luiz but he is worth more to us than the £20m we would get for him. Can’t help think there might be a buy out clause in this new contract though. 

So? Yesterday morning we were losing him for a free next summer. 

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

So? Yesterday morning we were losing him for a free next summer. 

I meant we might have sold him in Jan for £20m. I would rather keep him than sell him for that.

30 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just realised in his photos, the blonde is back in his hair... It means he's about to turn on the style again 😎

* Rolling back the years, just more refined now.

He looked our coolest player by far against Forest away...blonde hair, thick black beard 😎

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Only2McInallys said:

I think this is a really good point.I could imagine him in a better system with better players being more adventurous.

For me  the Mcginn/Luiz midfield does not work.I am also not sure what his role is.He is not a 6,he can often make some great interceptions and tackles but is not consistent in this area.He doesn’t do enough creatively to be an 8.

Its a shame he didn’t play a bit more with Kamara.

I think Luiz is best-suited as one of two in a deeper role.  Like you said, shame he hasn't been played with Kamara as I think those two could provide enough support to the defence and attack and allow us to play with a "number 10" such as Coutinho or Buendia, neither of whom have played there consistently since arriving. A 4-2-3-1 with Kamara/Doug playing behind Ramsey, Coutinho/Buendia and Bailey, with Watkins/Ings/A Traffic Cone as the lone forward.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FLVillan said:

I think Luiz is best-suited as one of two in a deeper role.  Like you said, shame he hasn't been played with Kamara as I think those two could provide enough support to the defence and attack and allow us to play with a "number 10" such as Coutinho or Buendia, neither of whom have played there consistently since arriving. A 4-2-3-1 with Kamara/Doug playing behind Ramsey, Coutinho/Buendia and Bailey, with Watkins/Ings/A Traffic Cone as the lone forward.  

4-2-3-1 is so obviously the formation that best suits the players we have. 

Edited by Adam2003
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just realised in his photos, the blonde is back in his hair... It means he's about to turn on the style again 😎

* Rolling back the years, just more refined now.

We need Cornrow Dougie back, he scored Worldies!

• Like 2

Can only hope he wasn't being played at the start of the season as he was playing hard ball with his contract.  It's the only justification for not playing him, and even then I'd have probably still used him as we'd have been cutting our nose off to spite our face.

Otherwise it's just another nail in SG's managerial coffin. 

Him and Kamara as a DM pairing will bring us all the control and composure we need. Let's hope post World Cup, and with a manager that knows how to set up a team, we see them most weeks.  Assuming of course that we don't just sell him in Jan. 

4 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Can only hope he wasn't being played at the start of the season as he was playing hard ball with his contract.  It's the only justification for not playing him, and even then I'd have probably still used him as we'd have been cutting our nose off to spite our face.

Otherwise it's just another nail in SG's managerial coffin. 

Him and Kamara as a DM pairing will bring us all the control and composure we need. Let's hope post World Cup, and with a manager that knows how to set up a team, we see them most weeks.  Assuming of course that we don't just sell him in Jan. 

Anything would be better than McGinn hiding in there.

Â